News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Learning Curve...

Started by Rani Zemirah, November 14, 2013, 01:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Rani, I hope we start seeing some of your projects in the future. Some of the process is simply trial and error. Don't be daunted if something that works for thinner cotton doesn't work quite the same on denim weight.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rani Zemirah

Thank you, DonaC!  I have a few simple things in the works right now, and I always tell myself that I'm going to take photos and put them in an album online somewhere... but that never seems to happen.  I do seem to spend more time with crafting projects than sewing, these days, as well... but with winter coming I'm hoping I will be able to block out more time with the machine, instead of focusing so much on leather and wire.  Still, I make a little extra money with those things, so it's easy to get caught up in making things that I'm going to sell, as opposed to things that I'm going to wear!  I DO have pieces cut for a couple of different projects right now, though... so maybe I'll have some photos for the "In Progress" thread soon!   :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede