News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Get to know your neighbors

Started by ladiedragon, May 07, 2008, 11:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborah

Greetings from the now un-frozen North.

I'm Deborah and my home faire is in Tuxedo, New York. I was transplanted to NY almost six years ago but am finally getting to go home to Kentucky twice this year, once for faire and once to welcome a new member to the family tree.

Um, I guess there really isn't much to tell. *Next*
If all is going well, you've obviously overlooked something!

Lavender

I'm Lavender, aka Mary Hawkins a sassy Irish pub wench.  I attended the Georgia Ren Faire with my room mate in 1989 and have been addicted attending them ever since.  Master Hawkins and I are relocating to Western Colorado the end of this month.
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Marietta Graziella

Ciao!  I am Marietta Graziella Stefana Luanna Giovani Luchetta de Polcenigo; Viscontess di County Confusion, wife of the VexedViscount.  Most people just call me MG. ;)
I went to my first ren faire in 1980 with my dad, brother, and the 2 neighbor kids.  What fun!  However, it was years (and years) before I went again.  Not for lack of desire, more lack of availability.
I joined the Air Force out of college, was active duty in Turkiye during Desert Storm.  Lived in England, Turkiye, and Italy.  Married my husband and stayed in Europe for almost 10 years.  Didn't attend any Ren Faires but did tour LOTS of castles.
When we came back to the US we started attending MNRF regularly.  We still lived too far away to go often, but made the trek once a year from Minot, ND and loved every minute.  Now we are settled in MN and attend MNRF many times each season.
My name is a compilation of people and places we knew while living in Italy.  I look at my ren passion from more of a Historical Fiction point of view.  I try to come close but take a bit of creative license when it suits my needs.
I have truly loved getting to know so many wonderful people on this (well, that) forum and look forward to meeting lots of new people at TN RenDezvous.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lady Christina de Pond

stretches and waves to all and wonders where everyone else is?
who moved my ship? alright not really mine i'm just the driver. Lady Amy where be the ship? wheres the crew?
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Zoë

'Allo all, I'm Pirate Zoe, my home faire is the Colorado Ren Faire.  I've been working there for 3 years and am about to start my 4th season, wow!  I've been attending the faire for about 7 years.  Crazy!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

violetrose

Quote from: DB on May 07, 2008, 05:12:24 PM
We now have an "Introductions" area of the forums.  Please feel free to continue to use this thread until the dust settles...

Just an idea.. maybe move this thread there?
~Coffee Wench~
TheCastleGrounds.com
God Save the Bean!

ladiedragon

Hi Mg!,Missed seeing you around! we should get together and chat sometime!

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on May 08, 2008, 07:53:17 AM
Ciao!  I am Marietta Graziella Stefana Luanna Giovani Luchetta de Polcenigo; Viscontess di County Confusion, wife of the VexedViscount.  Most people just call me MG. ;)
I went to my first ren faire in 1980 with my dad, brother, and the 2 neighbor kids.  What fun!  However, it was years (and years) before I went again.  Not for lack of desire, more lack of availability.
I joined the Air Force out of college, was active duty in Turkiye during Desert Storm.  Lived in England, Turkiye, and Italy.  Married my husband and stayed in Europe for almost 10 years.  Didn't attend any Ren Faires but did tour LOTS of castles.
When we came back to the US we started attending MNRF regularly.  We still lived too far away to go often, but made the trek once a year from Minot, ND and loved every minute.  Now we are settled in MN and attend MNRF many times each season.
My name is a compilation of people and places we knew while living in Italy.  I look at my ren passion from more of a Historical Fiction point of view.  I try to come close but take a bit of creative license when it suits my needs.
I have truly loved getting to know so many wonderful people on this (well, that) forum and look forward to meeting lots of new people at TN RenDezvous.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: ladiedragon on May 07, 2008, 07:59:00 PM
HI Emerald Shaunassey, I just wanted to say I am also a member of the IWG (I dont remember what # I have).Nice to meet another guild member here.

Hail Sister Wench!  Pleasure to meet another member as well.  Perhaps one of these days our paths shall cross!

Until Then,

Fair Winds
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I am Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia, I was born in Phoenix, AZ and moved to So Cali when I was 8.  Sometime about 1989 my then next door neighbors started taking me to SCA events and she made me some garb, I could say we but Diane really did most of it!  Can not remember when I first attended faire however I do know it was the Renaissance Pleasure Faire when it was in Devore, CA.  6 years ago I was imported to North Carolina by a then "gentleman of interest" (the first pix he saw of me was my "Phoenix in the Wind" persona), I liked it so much here that I stayed after we broke-up.  The move did put me 15 mins from CRF which is now my home faire.  This past fall @ CRF I was brought in to the Clan M'Crack as Peddln's Pet and was pinned Strok'n M'Crack @ NCRF last month.  I have 4 dogs (Dalmation/Greyhound mix and 3 Italian Greyhounds), 2 cats and a goldfish. 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Tremayne

Tremayne here. Wow  :o so many new folks since I last was a regular R/F poster a couple of years ago. Since then my life has gotten busy and I've only lurked on occasion. Alas, I'll continue to be mainly a lurker but wanted to say hi to all. I hope to meet many of you at TNRF for RenDezvous/Menage 'Ette Trois.  My first faire was the one in Holly MI back in the mid to late 70s when I was a teenager. As an adult I rarely went to faires until a couple of years ago. I preferred hiking on nice days and spent several years in faireless MT. However, I've come back into the fold and feel blessed by the friends I've made here. I've attended the last two TNRF but now live in AL and so am unsure what to call my home faire. I consider myself well-positioned to attend the two small faires here in AL, as well as TN and Atlanta. Now all I need are MONEY and TIME!!! *sigh* It may be a couple of years before I'm able to fully indulge in faire possibilities. My work, however, is lightening up a bit, so you may see me popping on here every now and then, when there's a slow period.
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

Elkyn

Geeze, you drop out for a few days and they change the whole place up! :o

Well, you can't get rid of me that easily.  ;)

Seriously...

Hi everybody.  I'm Elkyn.  I've been going to Scarby since 1986.  Started garbing up for it in the early 90's (like '91 or '92, my memory's a bit hazy).  Well, I guess that's about all I have for now.

analise

*waves* Hi, I'm Ana (or Blair, whichever), frequenter of MDRF and baker of cookies. I may also be found at the Maryland Faerie Festival and VARF (at least once) and put in an appearance at TNRF last year. :)

I just started going to faires in 2005 when I moved to Maryland and somebody told me, "if you're looking for something to do this weekend, there's the renaissance festival..." upon which I pounced. Woo!

Soooo...hi!

Lady Amy of York

I'm Amy. I lived in  the  northern part of New York state, with my husband, son, dog, cats, and horses.  Sterling is my home faire. I also attend the New York Ren faire and The Pennslyvannia Ren faire.

My character I like to portray name is " Lady Amy of York " other wise known as " Captain Amy ".
  She is  a  Irish noble  lass, born into nobility, on her mother's side of the family. She inherited her love of the sea from her father, who was a wealthy businessman and own several   sea going vessels. One thing led to another, and she found herself captain of a pirate ship called " The Lusty Lady."
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

DeadBishop

Good to see that most everyone didn't get lost in the process of losing the original site.  Still waiting to see more people show up, as we originally had nearly 10,000 registered members (even though only about 25% were truly active).

R/F.com member since 2003

Rage

Quote from: DB on May 08, 2008, 05:11:40 PM
Good to see that most everyone didn't get lost in the process of losing the original site.  Still waiting to see more people show up, as we originally had nearly 10,000 registered members (even though only about 25% were truly active).

Hey DB just so you know not everyone gets the forward to the new site. LD had to send me the link because I never got the forwarding. There could be other people that are having that issue. Mine turned out to be a security setting on Firefox. Why it was on on my machine and not LD's I do not know.