News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Twilight fans? Warning, Contains Spoilers!!

Started by Lady Neysa, July 20, 2008, 01:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Neysa

Are there any fans of the "Twilight" series out there?  My teenage daughter got me hooked on them.  It's the first book series since Harry Potter ended that sucked me in and I couldn't put down. 
Borders is having a midnight release party on Aug.2 for the 4th and final book. The Twilight movie come out in Dec. It looks like it's going to be really good!  Robert Pattinson, who played Cedric Diggory in HP stars as Edward.

twilightthemovie.com

Saoirse_Anam

TWILIGHT FAN!! RIGHT HERE!!! *jumps up and down waving arms in the air* I can't wait for Breaking Dawn, but I won't be able to get to the midnight opening like I did with the last few Harry Potters  :( 
Do it not for glory or profit but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something that did not exist before

LadyMeg

Right here!  And it was totally by accident.  Two years ago I picked it up out of the blue at the bookstore just down from my dorm when I wasn't feeling good-you know, for that snuggle in bed story while I toughed it out... and I couldn't put it down.  Didn't do an ounce of homework that weekend.  Went back the next weekend with the next paycheck and bought New Moon.  Thank goodness it was before the craze, otherwise, I might not have read it.  Silly huh?

But AH!  I've already preordered me book and I want it now!  I gotta know how it ends!  I gotta!

The movie looks amazing!  True to the feel of the books.  Oddly, I'm not a Pattinson fan at all, but I think he makes a good Edward.
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

Lady Neysa

So, do tell, are you team Edward, or team Jacob?  I'm undecided-I like them both!  My daughter is an Edward fan all the way.  Can't wait for the next book, and I'm really looking forward to the movie-good casting.

My family just vacationed in Washington visiting family 2 weeks ago.  They live in Sequim, 15 miles from Port Angeles.  We went to Forks!  It was SOO cool!  The whole town has embraced their fame from the books.  They give Twilight tours, with a map pointing out all the landmarks,  the hospital even has a special parking space "reserved" for Dr. Cullen.  We got lots of pics of the different places mentioned in the books, pics of our daughter standing in front of Forks High School.  We also went to LaPush, and first and 2nd beach.  It was so amazingly beautiful!  Too bad they didn't do the filming there.  We even stopped by Bella Italia, the restaurant Edward and Bella went to in Port Angeles,and they too advertise their role with a special book display.

I hope I don't end up picking apart the movie-"that's not how that looked I was there!"

Saoirse_Anam

Team Edward  ;D  And it would so awesome to go to Forks and LaPush! I am such a dork that I would probably go camping nearby just so I could visit. On the author's website she posts a quote from Breaking Dawn every day, and it makes me want the book soooo bad. I just have to know what the quotes are talking about!!
Do it not for glory or profit but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something that did not exist before

LadyMeg

I know!  The other day, the quote was just: Edward- "Oops."  Oops?!  That's all I get?!  GAH!  Why?

You went to Forks!  So jealous!

I'm team Edward all the way and would have been partial to team Jacob if he hadn't been just an annoying, emotional, jerk of a teenage boy in Eclipse.  But that's the way of boys I supposed.  Maybe that's why I love Edward.  He's more adult-like...  *sigh*
|LadyMeg|
________
Lady Alethea Talbot

Charlotte Rowan

Love it! My friend recommended the books, and at first I was reluctant, thinking, 'Eh, it'll be some trashy vampire novel, I don't think I'll like it.' I was wrong. :) I am awaiting August 2nd!

I'm gonna go with Team Edward too, but I'd be really torn if I were Bella... Jacob is really a sweetie, and plus who'd want to cuddle with someone with cold skin all the time? But I have to go with Edward... you can't argue with true love , no matter how illogical it is. :)
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

peggyelizabeth

I just read Twilight last weekend, one of the kids in the show I'm directing loaned it to me, telling me I "had to read it". I totally heart Edward, but I haven't had a chance to get the next books yet and the kids promised not to spoil anything for me.

Anyone read the first chapter of Edward's point of view on her website? Interesting to say the least.

Blue66669

Ok, so I picked up a copy of Entertainment Weekly last week, and saw the cover that had the article about the Twilight movie. That peaked my interest on the books, so my niece lent me the first one. I WAS HOOKED. I finished all three books in 3 1/2 days, and we're anxiously awaiting the 4th.

I'm Team Edward all the way, I think they're destined to be together. I mean seriously, for her to have that reaction to him EVERY TIME he gets near to her??? It's totally fate!
Blaidd Drwg

Lady Neysa

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on July 24, 2008, 12:53:45 PM
Love it! My friend recommended the books, and at first I was reluctant, thinking, 'Eh, it'll be some trashy vampire novel, I don't think I'll like it.' I was wrong. :) I am awaiting August 2nd!

Even though I knew there were vampires in it, I was thinking the books were gonna be about some teenage drama queen and way too high schoolish. Boy was I wrong!  I've even got my husband reading them.

LadyMeg

That's why I was reluctant a couple years ago... but I read the first chapter and couldn't put it down.

Ah, the conversion of the masses... *sigh* so good.
|LadyMeg|
________
Lady Alethea Talbot

peggyelizabeth

just got New Moon!
I'm sure I'll love it just as much as Twilight, can't wait to read it this weekend...

Mistress Charlotte

OMG!! YES YES YES I'm a Twilight fan!  I can't beleive you guys are here!! (Jeeze I can't type fast enough I'm so excited!)

Edward fan here!!  Only because it doesn't make sence for it to be Jacob because he would have imprinted with her right away.  Oh dear....  Maybe I shouldn't say anything for those who havn't read all of them yet.......  I picked up twilight about a month ago.  Then was hooked.  I read all 3 books in a week!! 

I will be at the midnight party here at my Barnes and Noble.  I am actually working it.  I will be painting faces there.  So I will have my book at midnight on the 2nd of August!!!   But I have to be at Faire to work in the morning.  So I'm not sure how much reading I will get done....

I've seen a couple of the movie trailers.  Edward is almost exactly how I pictured him in my mind.  Bella is not though.  I'm sure that as soon as I've seen it, it will feel exactly right.  Just like Harry Potter.  I can't imagine the characters to look any other way.

Did you know that Stephenie Meyers is planning another book called Midnight Sun.  It's Twilight from Edwards perspective.  I got this link off her website.  It's really good. 

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_chapter1.pdf

I would love to hear some of your theories of where the story is going to go.  Will Bella really become a vampire??

I painted a friend into a vampire.  I will share it if your interested.  She loved it.
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Blue66669

Ok, theories.... I can do this.

Since I'm not familiar with this author, other than the Twilight series, I can't really say one way or another how she will chose to end the series from Bella's perspective. Will she write it like Harry Potter, and kill off all the ones we really and truly love? Will she give Edward and Bella their happy ending? Will the wedding happen, as well as Bella's transformation? I'm BRIMMING with questions, and I can't really answer any of them!! I don't think that she could kill off anyone important at this point. Well, she could, but you'd think that she would have started getting rid of characters in the last book.

I really do hope that Bella winds up with Edward, and that the passion that she feels for him carries over into the transformation. If not, then maybe she'll be transformed and then wind up with Jacob, as a vampire. Now THAT would be kinda cool...
Blaidd Drwg

Lady Neysa

I have a few different theories.  (if you've not finished reading the books, don't  read these if you don't want to much insight) 

In the beginning I was thinking that Bella would remain human, and be like a liason/peace keeper between the vampires and werewolves. It would end much the same way that "Tuck Everlasting" did-Bella going on with her life and aging, finding new love,etc.   

Then I got to thinking that maybe she would go through with the change, but afterwards, Jacob would imprint on her, perpetuating the love triangle.

Another idea is that with the way Bella is immune to some of the vampires powers, I was thinking that something would go wrong and she wouldn't completely transform and she'd be part human/part vampire, then...she'd end up having a one night stand with Jacob, get pregnant and have the first human/vampire/werewolf crossbreed.   I know......it's probably way too far fetched, but it would be an interesting twist.