News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

10 things we DON'T know about you!

Started by Blue66669, July 21, 2008, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gamwell

Quote from: Element of Air on July 24, 2008, 01:25:52 AM
2. I have a hard time swimming in water when I can not see through it to the bottom.
Ditto!  Almost drowned when I was 4.  Hate not being able to see the bottom.  But love swimming, so I just suck it up and swim.

Sean

Marietta Graziella

1.  I have worked as a costumed singing telegram delivery person.
2.  I have been in the innermost chamber of the pyramid of Cheops on the Giza plateau when the lights went out.
3.  I can not watch other people touch their belly buttons-it makes me queasy.
4.  If you touch my belly button, it makes me throw up.
5.  I wrote chalk messages on the bombs we dropped over Iraq during Desert Storm ('90/'91).  USAF Incirlik AB, Turkiye.
6.  I have taught classes in Nuclear Weapons Safety, Movement, and Handling.
7.  I almost died during surgery to remove cancer from my body.
8.  I have been to Faire in disguise so I could play shamelessly and without judgement.
9.  I have had sex on a double decker bus in London, the Underground in Paris, a water taxi in Venice, and a train thru Munich (all with the same man-my husband).
10. I wish my life were as interesting as it used to be.  *sigh*
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Welsh Wench

Wow, MG.   :o

I think you have us all beat with #9!   ;)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Marietta Graziella

Heck, I left out a bunch!  I didn't want to get kicked to John's Inn! :o ;D

Remember, we lived in Europe... it's a lotttttt different over there.  Plus, this was almost 20 years ago.  But thanks for noticing. ;)

Quote from: Welsh Wench on July 24, 2008, 09:00:43 AM
Wow, MG.   :o

I think you have us all beat with #9!   ;)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

SirRichardBear

11. Had a building fall on me when I was 5 it took two hours for them to dig me out.
12. I was seven before I laughted still don't do it much.
13. Worked in an illegal coal mine for six years
14. I broke my back 15 years ago.
15. I know how to hold a grudge once waited 10 years to get even.  Yes it was worth it.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Alacrity

Can't resist a list game.

1.   I'm 6 foot 4" tall and my wife is 5 foot 1"
2.   I have a lot of close friends I have never met in person, thanks to the internet
3.   I help run a D&D based website called the Red Dragon Inn (rdinn.com)
4.   I love the acting and shtick at the faire, but am too shy to participate
5.   I love camping, canoeing, white water rafting and the outdoors.
6.   I plan everything to extreme. I even plan my spontaneity
7.   I dream of being a fantasy writer one day
8.   I consider the love between myself and my wife to be True Love – like in the books.
9.   I can quote "The Princess Bride" verbatim
10.   I am in the middle of a Paternity leave, taking care of my 7 month old son –and loving it!
Trust me, I'm a Dungeon Master

Gwen aka Punstergal

Wow.. there's a lot of folks in this forum with the freaky tongue-to-nose talent! Do I get bonus points for being one of the rare cases of an ADULT who is completely tongue-tied? Can't stick the darn thing out at all. Every dentist I've ever seen has offered to cut it for me, amazed that I don't show traces of a speech impediment (usually they cut it when you're a kiddo, because you can't speak correctly with it). I figure it's too late to fix it now, I've gotten used to the unique accent that comes from the way I shape my mouth to make certain sounds.
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

Rahne

This is easy for me because I am new here and nobody knows anything about me yet, but I'll try to list interesting things.

1.  I love RPG's mostly play D&D, but have dabbled in Shadow Run, and some hero games as well as D 20
     modern only have played a few on line games EARTH until it died and now Guild wars.
2.  I am an RN and work in a behavioral health clininc in Erie PA
3.  I have 3 children 1 boy 2 girls respective ages 11,10,4 The oldest, my son has Asperger's Syndrome
4.  My kids look forward to the faire (GLMF)as much as my husband and I do, and I enjoy taking them, but
     I love going with out them and being the kid myself for the day.
5.  I am actually rather shy around people I don't know. We have been going to GLMF for several years now
     and I recognise many people as regular attendees, but don't really know any of them.
6.  I spend about 5 hours each week in Karate classes, currently working on my brown belt.
7.  This is the only on line forum that I have posted on.(exception our karate class forum, but that doesn't
      count since I know everyone there)
8.  I'm married to a campus police officer who was my high scool sweet heart.  Been togeather since SR   
      year graduated in 1990, Married in 1995 we've been married almost 13 years now.
9.  I love to read fantasy and Science fiction books.
10.  I have only been drunk twice in my life (I'm 35)
"Don't part with your illusions.
When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live"
Mark Twain

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 23, 2008, 04:36:11 PM
Quote from: maelstrom0370 on July 23, 2008, 04:15:18 PM

2.  If we played "6 Degrees of..." I could connect myself to Jack Nicholson, Sharon Tate and Charles Manson.

Gee in that case I know all the world leaders and all of hollywood. My cousin Tracy Wahl is a producer for NPR, who interviewed former President Jimmy Carter, you get the idea LOL

Never thought about it that way. I guess I might be connected to Kevin Bacon LOL

I never claimed to actually know them, in fact, the only "celebrities" I've ever met  are a C/D-list former sitcom star who came to the Island last year to film an Indie film and an  80's adult film star when I used to work as a chauffeur.  I'm not even  going to TRY and say something happened...I just drove her from Point A to Point B and back to Point A for about a week.  She was a pretty cool lady, though, and a great tipper!

12.  I once held a Top Secret Security clearance (it's not as cool as it sounds)
13.  I don't know how to drive a motorcycle, nor have I even ridden on one, but I once spent a season touring with and working at a Harley swap meet selling knives and running a grill.

There's probably more, but I don't remember a good portion of my mid 20's to my early 30's.  Yea...I was "that" guy.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Alacrity on July 24, 2008, 09:12:34 AM9.   I can quote "The Princess Bride" verbatim

LOL...I was gonna list something similar...only mine's "Vacation"!  :D ::)
A friend and I used to watch with the sound off as kids and quote it word for word!

Tipsy Gypsy

Quote from: maelstrom0370 on July 24, 2008, 03:28:14 PM

LOL...I was gonna list something similar...only mine's "Vacation"!  :D ::)
A friend and I used to watch with the sound off as kids and quote it word for word!

Same here- I can quote "Blazing Saddles" in time with the actors.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Lady Christina de Pond

11.I'm extremely creative. but i can't use a sewing machine worth 10cents
12. I"m a slight germaphobe
13. I'm kinda a bee charmer
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Yrose

1. I was first married at 15.
2. I'm a survivor of incest.
3. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to organizing.
4. I've had surgery in Curitiba Brazil.
5. My daughter is multi-racial.
6. I've known my current husband since I was 2 yrs old.
7. I weight 450 lbs once.
8. I've been a dispatcher in Houston for 13 yrs and know the key map by heart.
9. I'm a certified nurses assistant and an apprentice plumber.
10. As a child I stopped talking for two yrs when my parents got divorced.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Tygrkat

Ok, I'll play too  :)...

1. My entire back is tattooed ~ with tiger stripes! {hence the screen name  ;)}
2. I don't really like potato salad or macaroni salad ~ too much mayo, I think.
3. I know how to eat fire.
4. I was once on the Leeza Gibbons show, and was almost a contestant on the Weakest Link {American Version, with the guy host who's name I can't remember  :P}
5.I have been reading since age 2, and took the SAT in 5th grade, but barely graduated high school one year later than I should have {something to do with actually having to show up every day...}
6.I'm another member of the "pretty shy until you get to know me, and then you'd never guess it" club
7.I once volunteered at a sanctuary for exotic wildlife and have scratched a tiger on his tummy...often
8.I have two Dads and two Step-Moms {my Step-dad remarried in March '07 after my Mom passed in 2005}
9.In addition to the work on my back, I have 4 other tattoos, including a flowering vine on my left ear.
10.I was recently ordained as a minister in the Universal Life Church and want to begin officiating non-traditional weddings and commitment ceremonies
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

PurpleDragon

11.  I missed being on Jeopardy by 1 question on the test.
12.  I was in the movie "A Long Walk Home" with Dwight Schultz, Sissy Spacek and Whoopi Goldberg.
13.  I have been married 4 times including this current marriage.
14.  I was the only American at my first wedding. (It was held at the JOP in London England)
15.  I know more about women's lingerie than just about any man I know. ;)  (don't ask why.. you might get an answer).
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.