News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Accessing Reddawn site

Started by gypsylakat, September 23, 2014, 02:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gypsylakat

When did the Reddawn site go down? Any reason?

For anyone like me who is frustrated at broken links- save the frustration with the Internet Way Back Machine that has copies all of old website pages.

http://archive.org/web/

Just punch in the link you're trying to access and you will receive those chemise instructions you "need" at 2am!
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

gem

It's been like that for ages, now. Years, IIRC. It's very sad--so many of the most useful tutorials from when I was first costuming (about 10 years ago) are gone now, and have not been replaced or replicated.

The funny thing is, I can access Dawn's site just fine on my phone. Dunno why--it's the same darn Internet, same connection... only difference (I guess?) is the browser. I read her flat cap instructions last week on my teeny little LG screen, but when I emailed the same link to my desktop, it wouldn't open for love or money.

gypsylakat

Quote from: gem on September 23, 2014, 04:10:15 PM

The funny thing is, I can access Dawn's site just fine on my phone. Dunno why--it's the same darn Internet, same connection... only difference (I guess?) is the browser. I read her flat cap instructions last week on my teeny little LG screen, but when I emailed the same link to my desktop, it wouldn't open for love or money.

I have noticed the same thing- loads just fine on my phone but won't load on the PC- I made a project using my phone once... didn't turn out so well.

isabelladangelo

I emailed the lady behind the site and just received this reply:
Isabella,

The site has not changed, but the power was out twice today so it may not have rebooted correctly. I will ask my husband to take a look at it. Thanks for letting me know.

Dawn

So check again tomorrow.  :-)

gem

gypsylakat

Hopefully that's the problem, it's not back up yet, but it's been like that since at least August for sure since I was using her gored skirt directions for my orange cotton skirt.

isabelladangelo

It's up for me.  I checked last night and it was fine as of 11 pm.  I just checked again, and it's up.  Do a browser refresh or try a different browser (I'm on Opera). 

gypsylakat