News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Custom Children's Garb?

Started by Lady von Engestrom, October 27, 2014, 11:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady von Engestrom

Hey all!

I did a search through the forums and didn't come up with much, so I thought I would ask here.  Does anyone have any recommendations for folks who make custom children's garb?

I have an 11 year old son who has decided that he wants to dress as an elven prince next year.  I, unfortunately, don't know how to sew a stitch and most of the online retailers I'm finding don't sell anything for children that is regal enough for an elven court.

Thanks in advance for any info!

LadyStitch

I know that it is difficult to do kids garb as a vendor.   However there are people on here who do custom garb and I have seen do kids garb.  As with all custom work, you have to get on their calendar early.  Some can require 2-6 months time before the event, depending on the item.  When dealing with kids that can sometimes be difficult because of growth spurts.  Plan ahead and you should be fine.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, a forum me ber, does custom work for adults and children.  I have seen some of her children's' outfits, as well as teens, and they are as beautiful and detaied as adult garb.  You can send her a message through the forum.  Everything is made to order so she can make exactly wat he wants.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich