News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Breaking Dawn- *WARNING-contains spoilers!*

Started by eloquentXI, August 03, 2008, 01:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

Here is your blatant warning, to take heed if you do not wish to know any of the happenings in this book or the ending. No one is at fault or will take blame for spoiling it if you read past this point!

Anyways, onwards to the discussion...

Literally just finished it, after...yeah, it was almost exactly 1:00 last night when I got the book myself. Wow...the ending was nice...almost too soft, too right. Its weird to have such an easy end to a saga, you know?

I still cannot get over this scene...

"What...did you call her?"
Jacob took a step farther back, managing to look sheepish.
"Well," he mumbled, "that name you came up with is kind of a mouthful and--"
"You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness Monster?" I screeched.
And then I lunged for his throat.

*dies again of laughter*
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Blue66669

Ok, so I'll be looking for some decent fanfic concerning the *relations* of Bella and Edward. I wanna find out just how good the lovin was LOL!
Blaidd Drwg

peggyelizabeth

I *just* finished!
I had the whole Jacob imprinting thing figured out about when Bella went into labor, but it was still very satisfying.

Overall, I wish that the earlier books had been written from multiple perspectives like this one was. It  helped to further the story so much more than Bella's perspective alone. Of course, I'll probably end up reading Edward's perspective, but it would have been nice to have both (or all 3) in one volume.

eloquentXI

I agree with you on that, I like the differences of perspectives.
I however don't think this last book was as good as the others.

Oh man, the whole imprinting thing will breed a whole lot of fan fics too. It was just so perfect...I didn't have it figured out though until the very minute when his world completely focused on her.

The ending was so...pleasant, it surprised me. I enjoyed it but man, it was like landing on fluffy pillows at the end of the day whenever I'm used to falling in a crouch, knees busted up, bloody, emotional cause someone died kind of thing you know?

Lady Neysa

It was neat to finally see what all those one liner quotes on Stephanie Meyers' website meant.  One of my faves was: Bella-"why am I covered in feathers?"  ;D

I really loved the book. It was exciting, riveting, horrifying, nail biting, and funny all at the same time.  One of the funniest scenes for me was when Rosalie shaped Jacob's plate into a dog bowl!  
I guess I'm a little slow, or wasn't paying attention, cause I totally didn't see that Jacob was gonna imprint on Renesmee until right at that moment when he was sneaking up behing Rosalie intent on killing her.
I figured all along that Bella was gonna turn out to be a good butt stomping vampire, and that she would have a fairly  easy time with the transition. (After the burning part was over.)

I'm a little surprised it had such a nice, fluffy ending, but I'm pretty happy about it.  I had so many different scenarios in my mind.  I thought for sure at least one of our favorite characters was going to die, for some reason I though it was either gonna be Carlisle, Emmett, or even Edward. You know if that had happened, fans would have cried foul. It just about drove me crazy toward the end with the back and forth-are you gonna fight or aren't you?  I was amazed it ended peacefully. Leave it to sneaky little Alice to swoop in at the last minute and save the day! I knew she would! At least I was hoping.

I'm glad it had a nice ending with everything wrapped up neatly and everyone happy and getting along.  I finished the book with a smile on my face with no frustrated feelings of something being left unfinished or unsatisfied.  I personally feel that  Stephanie gave the fans what they wanted, I feel like it was our reward for sticking it out til the end.  

serenamoonsilver

I guess I'll chime in and say while I loved it, the ending was a bit of let down for me.  It was just a little too sweet:  Bella's transition to vampire was too easy, the Volturi caved a little too easily, and likewise I was a little surprised that no one died. 

I did love the whole pregnancy part though...especially how it acted as catalyst to bring Rosalie and Bella together.  I also enjoyed that it was told from Jacob's point of view.

Blue66669

You know, I was HAPPY that nobody died. That means, that maybe sometime in the future, there could be a continuation of the story. Maybe a tale of the life of Jacob and Renesmee. The later adventures of Edward and Bella, as they enjoy their forever. I just can't wait for other things!!!

OOOO, can we imagine it? An ADULT novel about Edward and Bella.....

...............steamy....................
Blaidd Drwg

peggyelizabeth

The ending was a bit too neat. But, having read some of Stephanie's press the week before release, I expected that.  What I'd be interested in is, will someone 100 years from now, read the books and decide to tell another part of the story? After all, Bella and Edward will still be around (I assume).

I'd like for Stephanie to tell Nessie and Jacob's story, does he stay a shape shifter forever to be with his love? Can they have kids? How do Edward and Bella react to their changing relationship?

serenamoonsilver

I guess it was because there was all this huge big build up at the end..oooh, the Volturi are coming.  I expected something a bit more...epic?  Instead, it turns out that the Volturi are just a bunch of pansies.

Actually, she left a lot open at the end.  The Volturi are still around and she introduced lots of other vampire "factions" (The Romanians, The Egyptians).  I can see the Volturi, on learning about the shape-shifter wolves and the ability to create half-vampires, going home and trying to recruit/create their own.  And btw, you can still kill off characters and leave it open for continuation.  I didn't mean I wanted everyone to die.  I expected Edward, Bella, and Nessie to all survive.  I just thought someone else would be the "sacrficial lamb" that allowed to the do so.

I loved the first two parts, like I said.  It's just the ending fell a little flat for me. 

Lady Neysa

Well, I kinda figured a lot of people would be unhappy that the ending was too easy and sweet. It seems impossible that after all the gloom and doom preparations, and the buildup to the  final devastating battle with the Volturi, that it didn't happen.  Bella never had a chance to prove herself and use her powers in an all out battle. I had to think about the ending for a while myself, but finally decided that I liked it.  I'd much rather it be this way, than being upset that someone died, or having big gaping holes, for example-if Alice and Jasper had never showed up and the story ended with us never knowing what became of them.  Of course if they hadn't come back, then it probably wouln't have ended peacefully, but I digress...

I think a good balance was struck in that it ended fairly well wrapped up, yet, like Serenamoonsilver said, there's lots of future storyline material if she ever wants to continue. Maybe that's why she did it that way-maybe it was the best way to keep her options open.

eloquentXI

Quite true, it left no gaping holes but plenty of room for continuation. Someone said this to me a couple days ago and it really fits whenever it comes to the ending and how pleasant it was- Stephanie Meyer gave the happy ending that her fans wanted. Which is not a stab against her as a writer, but that's the truth. Its what the fans practically begged for and it was what was given to them.

I wanna see if Nessie is going to turn into as much a spitfire as her Mom or maybe...she'll be all cool and mysterious as her Dad. Who knows right?

Mistress Charlotte

DONE!!!  Finding the time was desperate for me!!  But I did it!! 

the ending.........  I'm good with it........  Since this is supposed to be the last book, I don't feel as desperate at the end like I have in the other books.  I would be really upset if something had been left unanswered or unfinished, and then I was left with more frustration......

Totally did NOT see the imprinting coming........  I read it and then shook my head and read it again and was like..........  OH NOOOOOOO!!!   He imprinted on the baby!!!!  Holey Cr*p!!!!

I loved all the blonde jokes......... I got a great kick out of Jacob ticking Rosalie off........  Especially waving his foot under her nose.  priceless.......

I was starting to get a little mad at Bella while she was pregnant and all fussing over Jacob.  I kept thinking...... you keep saying your sorry but you do nothing to try to repair it.  She just kept rubbing Edwards and Jacobs noses in it.  Sorry is not good enough.......  Change it......  I was glad that Jacob gave her a piece of his mind.  I think she deserved it.......

I too loved the Loch Ness Monster Quote.  Let me think for a bit about some of my favorite quotes.

I would love to hear some ya'lls favorite quotes as well!!

Bring em on!!!

You guys rock!!!!  I love this thread!!! 

Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Mistress Charlotte

A couple of photos from working the book release. 

Any opinions??   ???

"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

eloquentXI

hehehe, that is super cute!

I wish that I had gotten a photo of an Alice Prom dress that was at the release in Southlake...cause it was exactly like the book described, with the diamond sections and black. It was perfect.

Mistress Charlotte

Quotes:

I compared the indistinct human memories to this clear, intense feeling.  He looked ... a little smug.
"You've been holding out on me," I accused...................
----------------------

There was no sound for a minute.  I could feel someone glaring at me, and I knew who it would be.  I'd been planning to take off and get some Z's, but the chance to ruin Rosalie's morning seemed too good to pass up.

So I sauntered over to the armchair next to the one Rosalie had settled in, sprawling out so that my head was tilted toward Bella and my left foot was near Rosalie's face.
-------------------------------------------

"Someday, Beauty Queen you're going to get tired of the just threatening me.  I'm really looking forward to that."

I took another breath and relaxed.  "Huh.  I can see what everyone's been going on about.  You stink, Jacob."

Jasper felt my mood change.  "Er, Edward, you might not want to distract her like that right now.  She needs to be able to focus."

I tried to look unconcerned as I set my elbow against the stone.

"Okay Emmett. I win, and you cannot say one more word about my sex life to anyone, not even Rose.  No allusions, no innuendos - no nothing."
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."