News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

It's Offical

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, August 07, 2008, 02:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

SirBlackFox aka Steve who is the publisher of Pyrates Way Magazine has a new magazine coming out to cater to us Faire goers and be in compitition to Renaissance Magazine which seems to be losing interest by many faire goers. The new magazine is called "Faire Magazine" I got offical word today that this new magazine will have 20 of my photos in it from both Mardi Gras weekend and Kings Birthday weekend. The photos I took were so good that the layout was expanded a full page.

This is a huge oppertunity for me to finally get a little recognition to something I love doing... Photography and Renaissance Festivals.

I am SO happy to have this chance to get published. I have a huge list (20) to get ready. I can only say a few that I now of that are going to be in the magazine and I will keep those as a surprise to those who subscribe to this new magazine. I'm not sure if it will be 1st issue out in Oct 2008 or issue 2. I can hope issue 1.

If you want info on it, go to the Books and Movies section of the fourm and there are links to subscribe.

Thanks to everyone for your support and kind words for my work.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

eloquentXI

Oh! Congratulations! That's so great!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

PurpleDragon

YEAH FOR YOU!!!!!!! 

I may have to see if I can find a copy or subscription info on this one. ;)
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Mistress Charlotte

Oh De Laney!!  That's wonderful news!!  Being published is the most amazing thing!!!  Congratulations to you!!.   Keeps us posted when the first magazine comes out!!!.  I'll be sure to pick one up!!
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

That is wonderful news, Laney!!!  Maybe you will be in the magazine itself in your new Tudor Gown!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on August 08, 2008, 09:07:58 AM

That is wonderful news, Laney!!!  Maybe you will be in the magazine itself in your new Tudor Gown!!!

Nope no pictures of Toki or I, just some of the other beautiful people
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Mischief Snicklebritches

That is fantastic news DeLaney! Congratulations!
You shall have to post the pictures you send in, just in case we dont ever get to see them in the mag. :D
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

They are posted, on my photo pages, I am just not saying which ones they are. Lets just say there are some portaits, some buildings, some action, some nobility, some goofy, some Playtrons some cast interacting with paytons, i.e. a whole mix of them. And some that are just people being funny, you know how those French are.

If I post them, it will be after the magazine hits so as to keep it a surprise.

Some are my favorites, others ones I think totally suck, but that's just me being... well me :)
"The Metal Maiden"

Demetrius

Congratulations! I will look for the magazine, which will be nice to have since I won't have to down-load anything.

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...