News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camping List- Welcome to Camping at Faire 101

Started by Blue66669, August 10, 2008, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue66669

To be truely prepared for camping at faire, it is a must to have ALL the essentials before you leave home. Anything left behind could be cause for a major, or minor inconvenience, as well as the possibilty of a *costly* trip to WalMart at 3am. So everyone, here's my OCD camping list, for all to use when packing for TRF!

AIR BED
AIR PUMP
BATTERIES
BLANKETS
BUG SPRAY
CHAIRS
DRINKS
EXTRA TENT STAKES
TENT FANS/LIGHTS
FLASHLIGHTS
FOOD/CHIPS
FLASK FUNNEL
ICE CHEST/ICE
LAMPS
PERSONAL ITEMS (TOILETRIES)
PILLOWS
PLASTIC CUPS/PLATES/FLAT WARE
MEDICATIONS
SHEETS
SODAS
SNACKIE FOODS/MEALS
TABLES
TENT
TICKETS
TOILET PAPER
TOOTHPASTE
TOWELS
TRASH BAGS
TRUNK
WATER
WIPES

Please remember also to bring garb, and regular clothes to hang out in. I almost forgot my real clothes one year..... that would have been pretty interesting!

*updated*

BOOZE!!!
If anyone has anything to add here, please feel free. I'll keep this list updated!
Blaidd Drwg

Randal

Medications
Toothbrush
Ice
Deodorant
Hair Brush
Rope
Duct Tape
Handcuffs Oops, did I say that out loud? :o
Vive Ut Vive

Blue66669

Puh-lease- Rope and duct tape are ALWAYS in my list. Something that I keep in my car at all times. Along with a bottle of chloroform and a burlap sack. Keeps the boys nice and docile during a hostile Ren-Napping.
Blaidd Drwg

Aiacha

If someone has a place for me to post it, I have an excel spreadsheet I use for all of my camping events which I will gladly share.

Blue66669

Hmmmmm, you may be able to make it into a JPEG file and post a link to it here. Well, maybe from Excel, to PDF, then to JPEG. Then all you'd have to do would be to upload it into Photobucket and then post the link. YAY!!!
Blaidd Drwg

Randal

Quote from: blue66669 on August 11, 2008, 11:34:31 AM
Puh-lease- Rope and duct tape are ALWAYS in my list. Something that I keep in my car at all times. Along with a bottle of chloroform and a burlap sack. Keeps the boys nice and docile during a hostile Ren-Napping.
I actually gave my roll of rope to a newlywed couple Friday night. No idea what they did with it.::) Now I have to restock.

Randal
A Ropeless Romantic
Vive Ut Vive

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: Aiacha on August 11, 2008, 11:42:30 AM
If someone has a place for me to post it, I have an excel spreadsheet I use for all of my camping events which I will gladly share.

Just copy and paste the info...
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Aiacha

Quote from: Lord Dragonspyre on August 11, 2008, 01:32:55 PM
Quote from: Aiacha on August 11, 2008, 11:42:30 AM

Just copy and paste the info...

You saw my 4 page Pennsic packing list, right?!?  Besides, it's set up to be used as a handy, dandy checklist.

Macintyre

you forgot tent mates....which if you don't bring with you, you can usually find one there.

RenRobin

Loki-terr (in training)

Zaubon

Yrose

Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

MacLaren

Packed and ready! Yes, everything is now in the truck ready to go! Am I sick human being for being ready over a month in advance? Or am I even human?

All I'll be needing is the tent-mate thingy. As I understand(I hear they are fun), tent means my tent, and mate, well, I'm not going graphic in details. ::) That'll be worked out in short order.....

<grins while running for cover>

Dan
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

RenRobin

Loki-terr (in training)

Zaubon

But, everybody brings booze and shares it don't they?