News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Has anyone heard this yet??

Started by Capt. Bacardi, August 11, 2008, 03:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte Rowan

I wonder if there will be any sort of official memorial for him at Fest. It seems like it would be appropriate.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Will Gamwell

It is very possible that they would do something after hours.  They did last year for one of the members of Safety Services.  But I don't think it would happen without Mark (aka Puke) being there.  And it has been years since Joe or Mark stayed after hours.

Sean

groomporter

A year or so ago some participants were kicking around the idea of having some sort of memorial on site where the people we've lost can be remembered, but I don't think it got beyond brainstorming -especially since the site lease was still up in the air at that time.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

white trillium

Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

lambdastar

Just looking for a friend. Wishes to be accepted.

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Rage

Ok, I have an idea. Remember last year when we had rendezvous. We had the name tags that I think Lily & Graceful Carrie put together? What if we get something like this and just write Snot or Snot RIP on them and wear them with our favors.

Its a small subtle way of showing out support.

Just an idea.

groomporter

Quote from: groomporter on August 12, 2008, 09:18:58 AM
A year or so ago some participants were kicking around the idea of having some sort of memorial on site where the people we've lost can be remembered, but I don't think it got beyond brainstorming -especially since the site lease was still up in the air at that time.

I bumped this idea again on the participants-only Elist and suggested the garden area on the hill above the Unicorn Stage (now the dungeon) between the "B" gate participants' entrance and the rear of the Scriptorium is public, but fairly quiet and away from heavy traffic and is unlikely to ever be in demand for booth, or performing space.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Carl Heinz

Friends of Faire at RPFS has a memorial wall with plaques commemorating departed RPFS folk.  I believe that Kevin O'Hare of Fellowship Foundry normally does the plaques for a nominal fee.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

gusjodi

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: white trillium on August 12, 2008, 09:28:33 AM
From the strib site this morning:

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/onstage/26865144.html?elr=KArksD:aDyaEP:kD:aUg:oaEQDUiacyKUU

Wow, crazy to hear that the show will go on! It seems like the right thing to do, but man, I can' imagine how difficult it will be for Mark!

Rage, I think it's a great idea to wear a favor in memoriam of Joe. Kind of like many people did for Lord A last year.

On a more trivial note... did I miss something? Since when does Fest open on "Friday"?
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Will Gamwell

You missed nothing Charlotte, it was the writer who missed something.  He is generally a performing arts reviewer and not a regular communist...errr....columnist.

Opening is still saturday.

Rage

Lord Figaro

I just got a call from a friend telling me. I posted another notice, but deleted it so we didn't one of those double post deals. I'm just in total shock. But I can't stay on long, still recovering from surgery. So I'll check in later to read more. Not to comfy a spot to sit up in right now.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

renren

Good luck with your recovery, Fig!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL