News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

League City Joann's moving

Started by Trillium, August 12, 2008, 10:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trillium

For those of us on the southside...

I just heard from a friend that the Joann's in League City is moving.  They are having a moving sale right now, all fabrics are discounted but there are minimums:  2 yds for regular fabrics and 5 yds for home dec.  Apparently they moving over by Baybrook Mall, which makes no sense to me, since there is another Joann's down the road at Almeda.
This also means I'm screwed, as there are no longer any fabric stores in Galveston County.... :'(   
Got faerie dust?

LadyShadow

I'm not sure if its Galveston county.  But its on the line.  At Egret Bay and Nasa One there is a sewing shop that sells fabric and sewing supplies.  There is name is Sew Contempo.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Trillium

That is the grey area...went there once and got sticker shock!!  Yikes!
I'll just have to start making weekend trips to Joann's when I'm in need and have money, no more lunch trips for me. :(
Got faerie dust?

LadyShadow

Completely understandable.  I only buy sewing supplies there.  And thats if I cant get them at Wal-Mart first.  I usually go to Hancock fabrics in Pasadena.  But thats even a journey for me that I take only when need be and on weekends.  Sometimes, though you have to look hard, you can find good quality fabric at Wal-Mart.  But you have to watch it.

Trillium

Oh, I prowl wallyworld's fabric on a regular basis, especially the $1 table.  Thanks to them I made a cloak for about $20. ;D  There is a Hancocks in Webster also, on El Camino, past Bay Area, I think.  But I wasn't happy with them the last time I went, the set up was confusing and half of the fabric I looked at wasn't priced. ::)  There is also a Joanns by Almeda Mall, if that is closer to you.
Got faerie dust?

dbaldock

Does the Hobby Lobby on I-45 between Medical Center and Bay Area Blvd. sell fabric?
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Trillium

Yes, they do, as does the one in Texas City, but HL has about as much selection as wallyworld...
Got faerie dust?

LadyShadow

The one in Webster sounds closer.  I think I am going to ahve to check it out.  Almeda is a ways for me.  But the only 2 Hancocks that I knew of were in Pasadena near Burke, and in Baytown way down there.  I am close to the water by League City and really have been trying to find places close to me.  That way it didnt seem like I was paying more for gas than I was for fabric.  I would travel to Texas City as some things there are close.  But I dont know the area so i advoid it, so that I dont get lost.

Trillium

Let me know if you need help finding places.  I work in League city and live in Texas City/La Marque, I know the area pretty well.
Got faerie dust?

LadyShadow

Great, Thank you.  I will have to take you up on that some time.

dbaldock

Here's a link to a Google Maps search for "League City, TX Fabric"
It shows regular fabric stores, and upholstery fabric shops as well.  But, it doesn't list Wal Mart.  Does Target have a Fabric Department?

One of my co-worker's girlfriend used to work at Joann's in League City, and she says the new store near the Mall is going to be huge, for a Joann's store.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Trillium

No fabric or crafts at Target.  I'm sure the new Joann's will do better being closer to all the big stores.  I just hate losing one of my lunch escapes!
Got faerie dust?

LadyShadow

Ok, so by chance do you know if there is a belly dancing school/classes near this side of town.  I have been looking online, but can only find classes/schools that are way on the other side of Houston.

Trillium

Not that I know of... :(
I vaguely recall someone having a class in Galveston, but I don't remember where.  Maybe try a google search for there instead.
Got faerie dust?

LadyShadow

I tired.  But maybe I will redifine my search and try again.  If you hear any word, can you please pass it on?  Thanx