News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ad Campaign has started!

Started by Countess Westmorland, August 14, 2008, 07:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Countess Westmorland

I was just watching the Steeler game and they had a commercial for the Ren Fest!  And it was us!  Every scene was Morelandshire.  I saw the King and Queen and a good shot of Captain Fortune.  I am sure there were many more but I was stunned to see it so I spent most of it yelling HEY TERRY, IT'S US!!!!!

This was on KDKA.  This is the first one I have seen.  Just a little over a week now!
Jan
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

enchantedwings

I just saw it too!!  So exciting!  I'm sure we'll see you on Sunday Jan!

Lady Celynn

I saw the same ad but it was this afternoon.  BTW everyone looked great...even Burger King.   :P

Scarlett

I don't know how I missed it - we were watching the game last night too.  I did, however, see print ads start last week in the Post and they are the same as last year.  ie. not our king.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Captain Fortune

Yes yes. It appears that the good Captain is now a bit of a celebrity.

I am working out of town and my phone began ringing off the hook that I was on TV.

Well as luck would have it I will be flying...errrr Sailing into the good shire for opening weekend festivities.

I will be available for autograph signings and pictures outside the Morgans Bounty booth. LOL!

Hope to see you all there.

Fair Winds my friends
A Pirate's Life for Me.

DuCoeur

Heard aboth the ads but  have not seen them yet
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Professor M

The LIVING Section of the Sunday Tribune Review has a nice little article about the fair.  The highlight, for me anyway, is a lovely picture of the queen and the ladies of court from last year.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Scarlett

Thanks for the tip M.  I found the article online along with accompanying photos.  Sounds like we'll see a few more changes & improvements next weekend.  Here's the link folks:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/living/events/s_583299.html

Scarlett

In today's Post Gazette's Weekend section, the Faire takes the front cover and the centerfold.  Here's the link to the online version:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08234/905746-42.stm

anne of oaktower

Those are great articles!  Thanks for posting the links, Scarlett.

If anyone stumbles across a link for the commercial, please post it. 
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

mumsies

I see some familiar faces in that article! Anticipation building....
thanks for posting Scarlett! Be seeing you soon!

Professor M

While we're at it, there was an article in The Pittsburgh Business Times.  The online version doesn't show the whole article, but the first few paragraphs have some surprising news.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/08/18/story12.html?ana=from_rss

BTW, if anyone can get their hands on the whole article I'd love to see the rest of it.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Countess Westmorland

Whoo Hoo!  I never thought I would ever be a centerfold model!  This must be the stock photo they are using this year.  It is the one that was in the Tribune Review.  We surely are getting the publicity this year, aren't we?  I would love to see that Business times article also.

In 48 hours, We will all be at the shire!!!!!!  Wave to me when you come in, I will be up on parapet.  And our modest professor will be introducing the acts at the front gate. 
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

Scarlett

LOL.  I said almost the same thing Jan - that I now knew a centerfold! 

Can't wait to see everyone.  SOON, very soon!

Lady Celynn

WOW nice feature article in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette Weekend magazine.  Even a banner headline on the front page.  I'm impressed!  Some very nice pictures of our lovely Queen and her court too.