News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Des Moines Renaissance Faire

Started by Lord Clisto of York, September 03, 2008, 02:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Now, this faire isnt in the Mid-west faire area, thus I am posting this here in hopes the powers that be will create one there and move this to that area. Anyway, I shall be attending the Des Moines, Ren Faire on their last weekend in 2 weeks on Sept 13/14, coming in the 12th. It will be great to meet everyone there especially Queen Catherine and her court. So, if anyone else is planning on going, let me know so we can meet up. My first time at this faire. HUZZAH!!!

Sir Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Celtic Lady

Greetings Sir Clisto. The DMRF is listed (kind of) in the Midwest Smaller Faires. It would be nice to have it's own listing but it is still pretty small so it is in it's proper place for now  ;). Sir Morgan and i were there the first weekend and we will be back for the last one as well. We will be at MiRF this weekend. I'm sooo excited.

Lord Clisto of York

Thanks for the info. I didn't know it was in that area, but what the hell, i got the word out. LOL... It will be nice to meet everyone there.

Noble Dreg

I am debating a "gonzo" run down this weekend as I will be out on business next weekend.  If I do not make it this year it is a certain must-do for next!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Lady Rosalind

Sir Clisto, we are most anxious to meet you this weekend!  ;D It should be a fun weekend!

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Lady Rosalind on September 11, 2008, 10:49:45 AM
Sir Clisto, we are most anxious to meet you this weekend!  ;D It should be a fun weekend!

Thank you so much dear Lady Rosalind. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone as well. It is always a grand time making new friends in this hobby of ours. I just hope the weather turns out to be good. So far the darn hurricanes are causing issues everywhere and the weather for Des Moines is suppose to be 70% rain for Saturday. I hope the druids can get it all to blow over. I wonder what kind of plans there are for heavy rain there. I will need to call Queen Catherine to find out.

Sir Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

This event has been postponed per Lynn for this weekend due to heavy rain expected from 3 to 5 inches. It will be going on the following weekend Sept 20/21 instead. I am going to try and make it next weekend instead.

Sir Ironhead

That faire is right next to a large creek and was flooded earlier this summer.  I went on Labor Day weekend and talked with a merchant who told me that the walls 4 feet up from the floor are removable specifically to deal with high water.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Lord Clisto of York

I hope it doesnt get that bad again. Iowa has been hit so hart this year as were we. But you guys more. I want to get there dang it

Lady Rosalind

Yes, we flooded THREE times this summer... The bridge was impassable to all but the brave hearted (and some who just didn't want to take the long way around through the golf course). The grounds crews did an amazing job, and you never would have known by opening day that the flooding had occurred.

No word yet on if the creek flooded... I was too busy watching my Cyclones fall to the Hawkeyes in the 4th quarter of a very good game.  :(

Lord Clisto of York

I hope its all ready and ok for next weekend. I got the OK from work and I will be coming then instead.