News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Subject From The MRF Woods

Started by JackGonzo, MD, September 06, 2008, 05:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackGonzo, MD

Good evening everyone, I am glad I finally came across a board for the TRF. The lovely wife and I just moved to Houston and cannot wait to attend with all of you. We come from the greater DC area so Maryland Ren Faire has been my home for the last few years. I should say I since I only got the lil lady into faire last year.

Some of the best people I know I met through faire and look forward to meeting many of you. Since we just moved here I know...well I know her co-workers, people she took Barbri classes with, and my neighbors at Astros games so it will be a welcome relief to meet...like minded individuals.

I was curious as to where I can find those who aren't working all the time. I knew in Maryland where to go (White Hart Tavern is THE place in Maryland) but was curious as to what at the TRF could be similar. Something that has the locals and not as many tourists so to speak.

Either way I look forward to talking to everyone prior to the faire and then finally meeting you.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Fenster

Welcome to the area!  You'll find us (ren folk) out and about throughout the faire grounds.  I know one meeting place is at the Prince of Wales Pub during the parade at noon.

SirRichardBear

The Sea Devil is another place to meet people.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

ScoutColt

The Sea Devil is quite a meatup spot. One side is usually the danes and the other side.... is US!

Bonny Pearl

Welcome to Houston!

The POW and Sea Devil are for sure the places to see and meet jut about everyone local.  I believe there is usally a 'meet-n-greet' at the POW after the parade.

Cheers!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Yrose

Welcome to Texas hope to meet you soon. The RF group meets at the POW every day for the parade. Many are at the Sea Devil too especially late in the day for the last show of Iris and Rose (the train wreck) The camp grounds is another great place to meet people.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

MacLaren

WELCOME TO TEXAS, PODNA!!

As all have said, the POWP, and Sea Devil are the places to be at the said general times.

Get to faire early before opening cannon, and you'll likely be able to meet many of us. Camping is a blast, too. The campgrounds are always flooded with like-minded people.

Dan
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

JackGonzo, MD

Thanks for all the well wishes and greetings. It's nice to see a strong Scottish contingent welcoming a fellow kilt wearer. I look forward to meeting everyone in just over a month. Getting the shakes, Maryland began weeks ago and daddy needs his fix.

*Teach*

If you're just looking for a quick fix to tide you over, stop in at Serendity faire (look in the smalled faires section).
It's having it's first year... and is very tiny but its a start lol

*there were enough there to drink all the rum in my flasks at least*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Blue66669

Also, we'll be holding a Clan McLotofus Gathering sometime at the end of September, sort of as a faire kick off party. We'll have a thread up for it soonish...
Blaidd Drwg

Liraaf

Quote from: JackGonzo on September 06, 2008, 05:18:29 PM
Good evening everyone, I am glad I finally came across a board for the TRF. The lovely wife and I just moved to Houston and cannot wait to attend with all of you. We come from the greater DC area so Maryland Ren Faire has been my home for the last few years. I should say I since I only got the lil lady into faire last year.

Perhaps you can give me a bit of a clue for I have moved from Texas to the DC area!

I got the withdrawls man!

I am surrounded by paper pushers, policy wonks and assorted people without a hair out of place!

RenRobin

Liraaf,
Where in Texas to you now hale from?
Loki-terr (in training)

JackGonzo, MD

Liraaf, www.rennfest.com is the site for Maryland's Faire, which is currently going on.

Liraaf

Quote from: RenRobin on September 15, 2008, 01:11:33 PM
Liraaf,
Where in Texas to you now hale from?

Austin!

Aye my stuff still be there hoping to be re-united with me there.  I figure this job will last two years and I'll be back to Texas again.

Liraaf