News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sherwood Forest Faire

Started by rengypsy, September 10, 2008, 09:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

Greetings from Nottinghamshire, England, circa 1189.  While the Sheriff is about his dastardly deeds of collecting taxes, harassing the common folk, and filling his coffers with more and more gold, we are about building a new Faire Grounds where folk and fay may walk at peace and enjoy the pleasures of a festive party.

Our faire grounds are being developed as I write this.

Please use your scrying capabilities to view our work and endeavors: www.swf-faire.com

We are currently seeking members of the Acting Company, Vendors of all sorts, and ideas, ideas, ideas...

The Faire Grounds will be located 35 miles east of Austin, Texas (that's a bit west of Nottingham)...on a beautifully wooded tract.  We purchased the land recently.  Approx 45 acres will be the Faire itself, whole the remaining 60 acres will be allocated for parking, camping, admin, etc.

Please become a part of a renaissance faire where the patron is the center of attention and the building of a community is a central focus.

Participants (vendors, rennies, etc) are encouraged to live on site during the festival season.

We will be Green from the start.

Saturday evening on the camp grounds is planned to be spectacular.  Impromptu and planned events.  A melding of participants and patrons after hours.

The oldest existing Pub in England will be operational during the Faire hours and also on Saturday evenings w/opening into the camp grounds.

Welcome.  Be a part of this experience.

Rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

rengypsy

so excited

a dear vendor called this morning
is at many a faire
said, absolutely, she would erect a booth at sherwood forest faire

so many thanks!

an endeavor of the heart--the heart of a gypsy and the mind of a decent businessman, with the support of a wonderful. loving, beautiful wife who is my greatest support in this venture.

again, come and "paint your picture" upon the canvas called Sherwood Forest Faire.

rengypsy

*Teach*

I am not a vendor, not an actor, not anything but a playtron
But I am here to let you know that I will be supporting you as best I can

*And I'll lift my rum mug to ya in toast as this new faire gets off the ground!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

rengypsy

A month of bulldozing is finished this Friday.  We will begin construction of the front gate, the pub, & some of the fairs-owned booths.

Looking for a couple of fortune tellers, henna tatoo artists, & hairbraiders.

Also still wanting more artists,artisans,merchants.

Will be getting the flyer out soon.  Y'all will love it.  Same artist who has done the art on the website (&                    the art for the billboard on us highway 290)

We want any of u who desire to be a part of this creation!

rengypsy

a vision shared

i am a very blessed individual. i have had several folk approach me of late--good, decent people--who have said very forthrightly that they want to be a part of sherwood forest faire . . . not necessarily as investors, though one has offered that, as well . . . but as laborers, assistants in building/construction/design/art, etc.  or a couple have wanted to delve into business ventures as vendors for the first time, as musicians, or simply to offer encouragement and faith in the creation of the faire.

while the economy teeters on the verge of some collapse--imagined, construed, or real--there are those who wanna "hitch" their proverbial wagon to this wagon train.

humbling, inspiring

i want each of you within the sound of this cyber shout that this project will be one of a partnership and collaboration--where playtrons and actors/entertainers and vendors will have the power to effect and mold the faire's development.

as trf is about to get under way, we will all be busy selling our wares, experiencing one the best festivals in the nation.  we will walk those beautiful pine forest grounds of east texas and revel in the magic of trf.  and then as the bugle sounds taps on the last sunday in november, prepare yourself to join me around a campfire and great ale out on the sherwood forest faire grounds...as we toast the initiation of structures being constructed for the spring 2010 grand opening.

please register for updates under "contact" on the website (www.sherwoodforestfaire.com or www.swf-faire.com)

there is magic which permeates our universe...and sherwood forest faire will be a manifestation of a bit of that channeled power.

rengypsy

Macintyre

i like the look of the site thus far.  looking forward to it opening.

rengypsy

sherwood forest faire brochure and posters will be ready for distribution within the month.  they are beautiful.  if i knew how to post them, i would.  fantastic artwork.  if you'd like some to distribute, let me know via email (rengypsy@swf-faire.com)...and please register on the CONTACT page for future correspondence.

rengypsy

rengypsy

Hope to meet many of you at TRF.  If there is a campsite where lots of you meet, let me know.  Would love to hear your ideas, as well as bring a bottle or two of spirits to share.  Rengypsy

Tanyor

Mclotofus, is alot of people on this forum.

I would like to meet you as well. Where is your booths located?

rengypsy

any directions to that specific campsite?

booth 224

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: rengypsy on October 14, 2008, 10:31:56 PM
any directions to that specific campsite?

Yeah, we're on row 8 & 9 right up at the front.

Next time we'll all be out there is All Hallow's Eve weekend.

EDIT:

We'll also be out there on Celtic Christmas. Feel free to stop by for Thanksgiving dinner with us on Thusday night!
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

rengypsy

will see you all in a couple of weeks.  friday or saturday evening best?

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: rengypsy on October 15, 2008, 08:34:19 AM
will see you all in a couple of weeks.  friday or saturday evening best?

Take your pick, my friend. Take your pick.

Horseman of Debauchery

rengypsy

will see yall friday, oct 31, in your camp and will be donning several wicked bottles of halloween cheer.

rengypsy

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: rengypsy on October 15, 2008, 03:50:01 PM
will see yall friday, oct 31, in your camp and will be donning several wicked bottles of halloween cheer.

rengypsy

Try Friday, October 24th, and we've got a deal...

Horseman of Debauchery