News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

We remember 9/11

Started by Capt. Morgan, September 11, 2008, 07:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. Morgan

http://pray.wfrn.com/cantcryhardenough.html

There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.  ~Author Unknown

That some good can be derived from every event is a better proposition than that everything happens for the best, which it assuredly does not.  ~James K. Feibleman

I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Scotsman

Almighty God, the past year will be indelibly inscribed in our memories.
We looked with horror on the terrorist attacks of last September 11th.
But we looked with honor on acts of courage by ordinary people
who sacrificed themselves to prevent further death and destruction.

We shed our tears in a common bond of grief for those we loved and lost.
We journeyed through a dark valley, but your light has led us to a place of hope.
You have turned our grief into determination.
We are resolved to do what is good, and right, and just.

Help us to remember what it means to be Americans—
a people endowed with abundant blessings.
Help us to cherish the freedoms we enjoy and inspire us to stand
with courage, united as one Nation in the midst of any adversity.

Lord, hear this prayer for our Nation. Amen.

Unknown author
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

lordwriothsley

Man that was a powerful tribute.It almost brought a tear to my eye and gave me chills to watch but it was a very beautiful tribute indeed.To borrow a phrase from our dear friend Scotsman to those victims and their families who lost their lives in those tragic events 7 years ago you are in our thoughts and prayers and God Speed to you all.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Muffin

We will never Forget..........  :'(
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Lady Amy of York

As a fellow New yorker, i remember that day all too well.  I had friends and family living and working down in the city.  Thank God they are all okay, but I remember, the fear, the panic,the crying, not knowing wheter they were okay !   Not being able to reach anyone because phones were out.  I never want to live  a day like that again.
I still can't belive the towers are gone.  I grew up seeing those towers every summer when we go to the city to visit. 
     It really hits home, when you visit the site of that aweful day in person. It is haunting   !
   My heart goes out still to all the victims  and their families. I pray for all of them.
I pray for our brave men and woman who work hard everyday both here in our country and overseas  to protect us  and keep us free.
   I pray   for peace and end  to all this  war and  hate.  But i know  wars have ben going on  since before christ was born.    But still i pray.   I pray that my  young son will never have to go off to war someday, and that maybe   when he has kids of his own someday  war  will be a thing of the past !
             God Bless the  USA   !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

PurpleDragon

An Uncle of mine was a Captain in the New York City Fire Department, he was stationed at the Trade Center Fire House. Had Cancer not taken him from us two weeks prior, I know we would have lost him that day, he would have been the first man in and the last man out to make sure everyone else got out that he could.

May the souls of the dead rest in peace.
May the hearts of the living find some solice.
May the demons that did this find there karma.
May we all never forget September 11, 2001.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Lady Ann of Draycott

It doesn't seem like it was seven years ago, to me, it feels like it was just last year.  I will never forget where I was, what I was doing and how I felt when I found out what had happened.  I will never forget September 11, 2001. 
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96