News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

"Raising Black Flags"

Started by Blackbead, September 11, 2008, 10:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbead

A "Special Edition" of Raising Black Flags is now available!  Check out my posting in the "Port of Call" forum and go see http://stores.lulu.com/blackbead!
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Blackbead

Ahoy, mates!

A Pre-Publication Special Edition of Raising Black Flags is now available for purchase on the web!  This book of over 100 pages includes poetry from fourteen different pirate poets and the artwork of two pirate artists.  Some of the works have been featured here on this forum but some are brand new and they come in a gorgeous black, gold and white Perfect Bound book that is 8.5" by 8.5".  Some of the work included comes from pirates that are very well known among the community here:  Captain Taffy Saltwater, Rumba Rue, Lady Donegan (AKA Captain Maevous O'Connell), Captain Emerald Shaunassey and Diamond of the Ladies of the Salty Kiss, Captain Tito, and yours truly.  This is a Special Edition of the book and will only be on sale until the end of September.  After that time, the book will be reformatted to a different size.  The book will be basically the same but the large square cover will be gone!  So get one of these while you can!  Go to http://stores.lulu.com/blackbead to get a copy of this gorgeous book for only $10.00 plus shipping!!  Thank ye for yer patronage and the crew of the Adventure wish ye fair winds and a slow galleon!!

Blackbead

Note:  This post was originally in the "Port of Call" forum but I removed it to avoid any suggestion of spamming.  If I posted this anyplace else, I apologize but it should be removed by now.  Thank you!  BB
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

1stmatematt

I am excited for you all. Hope it does great. I think we will be listing it in our scuttlebutt area of the magazine this go around to help you get it out there. Also I believe a review is going to happen at some point.
1stMateMatt AKA Matt Stagmer
Co-Owner of Baltimore Knife and Sword
Assistant Editor of Pirates Magazine

Blackbead

Thank ye fer all your good wishes and even better deeds!  I'll be contacting ye off line to get "Pirates" a copy of the book for review.  Thanks again!

Blackbead

RumbaRue

Don't forget, after you purchase your book, look for us authors to autograph it for you!  ;D

Rumba Rue

Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

Blackbead

Raising Black Flags, Blackbead Books, ISBN 978-0-615-25535-4, 2008, is currently available from "Blackbead Books" at http://stores.lulu.com/blackbead.  For only $11.95 plus shipping you get over 90 pages of poetry and artwork about pirates, BY pirates!  Please check out the site and, if you would like to support the very hard work of some of your fellow pirates, jot down the title and ISBN and go ask for it at your local bookstores!  It should be listed in the wholesale community within a few weeks!  Thank you!

Blackbead

You can now order Raising Black Flags from Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble!  Get a few for the holidays to hand out as gifts to all the pirates ye know!

Blackbead

Check out Bilgemunky's review of Raising Black Flags by going to his website at www.Bilgemunky.com!

Blackbead

Ahoy, mates!

Please navigate over to - http://www.cindyvallar.com/raising.html!
Cindy Vallar, AKA "The Pirate Lady," has been reviewing books for two decades for such publications as Appraisal: Science Books for Young People, The Book Report, Library Media Connection, and School Library Journal, and online for Ivy Quill Reviews and Simply E-Books. Today, and for the past decade, she reviews historical novels and history books for Historical Novels Review and piratical and maritime books for Pirates and Privateers.  She also has her own website and has become internationally known as "The Pirate Lady" as a result of her lectures, articles, and publications.  I met this amazing lady at Pirate Days in The Colony and she was kind enough to take a copy of Raising Black Flags: Original Poetry By and About Pirates in order to write a review.  Well, the review is completed and ready!  She said something very nice things and I am proud to invite you to go by and read what she had to say.  If you do stop by, make sure you let her know that Blackbead sent ye! 

Thank you, Pirate Lady!  And thank you to all of our readers!