News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Vilification Tennis P******* Special

Started by Baron Doune, September 12, 2008, 07:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Doune

Has thing already happened????  Info please?

(edited....)

Looking for info please?

(wait a second, where did that emote come from???  *gets out the Roundup*)

Has this already happened?

Not sure did I break the rules?

???

!!!

Ethel

Which special are you referring to?  I'm slightly confused.

Our next non-fest shows are the Electile Dysfunction shows at the Bryant Lake Bowl in late October.  More information at www.vilificationtennis.com.

Otherwise, we have no specials at Fest, except for our Last Day show, where we "try and get ourselves fired."

Ethel

Noble Dreg

I'm going to guess he's asking about the "Ping-Pong" special?  I'll be there, always enjoy Vil.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Kiss-me-Kate

Darn I have to work.  It would be interesting to see Vil Ten toned down.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

groomporter

Was it Vilification or the Smoker that prompted the warning at Saturday Cast Call that pedophilia/incest jokes were no longer acceptable? (supposedly the office got called with complaints the previous Monday.)
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Will Gamwell

Both were pointed out as receiving complaints from paytrons/playtrons.

Noble Dreg

Lordy Lordy, No more insest, pedophilia, alcohol past the gate, nor belly buttons outside gypsy camp.  What is the world coming to?

Next they'll ban cod-pieces and kilts.  Is that cleavage I see!?   :o

Mickey Mouse is coming, I'm sure of it.

All said with humor.  ;D
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Ethel

Quote from: Noble Dreg on September 15, 2008, 07:25:37 PM
I'm going to guess he's asking about the "Ping-Pong" special?  I'll be there, always enjoy Vil.

That's always on Festival Friday.  We do a kid's show.

Will Gamwell

Alas, I shall miss the kid's show again this year.  Have to work my "real" job.  Still want to see it.

Ethel

If it makes you feel any better, I've never seen it, either!

Will Gamwell

Kiss-me-Kate

Incest and pediophilia jokes are off limits?  Are you freakin' kidding?

Like the twenty warnings you give out loud and clear BEFORE Vil starts isn't a warning AND the smoker is for adults only!
>:( stupid wet blanket whining babies  >:(
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Ethel

We also patrol the crowd for kids during the show.  And we've avoided mics for years, despite multiple requests from patrons for the show to be miced.

We try to make it ok and opt-in, especially for "drive-bys."  We really do.  And I won't deny that sometimes we cross the line without realizing it.  But honestly, it sometimes feels like whenever there's a complaint, we're one of the first that have the finger pointed at them, despite our efforts to be COMPLETELY UP FRONT about what the show is and despite all our efforts to be conscious of and abide by the rules.

Laurie/Ethel

Lord Figaro

As Eddie Izzard said in one of his shows. "Be careful California (or in this case everywhere it would seem), or the only fun place left to hang out at pretty soon will be the library".  What's next? No ugly jokes, because to many people resemble those remarks??? I remember on the old boards there was a posting of a dream fest having an off the way "adult only" section, with gate guards to keep the kiddies out. The more time goes by, the more it sounds like a pretty good idea.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Charlotte Rowan

Electile Dysfunction....love it. I'll have to see if I can make it to that.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.