News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A thanks to good friends

Started by brogan, September 13, 2008, 10:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brogan

Greetings friends.   I've returned from my adventures in South Mississippi in good health and with many thanks to my lovely sweetheart Anne of Oak Tower, well in spirit.  It is a good woman who will sacrifice her own needs to support her mate and others she doesn't know.  I return with yet another reminder that our good fortunes should always be appreciated and respected every moment of every day.

Hurricane Gustav was not as big as Ike will be but in those many little communities we (the US Army Corps of Engineers) provided FEMA generators to to keep their public services running, the need is the same....immediate and life threatening. 

I appreciate all of you who wished me well and were concerned for mine and Lady Anne's well being.   To go on such missions with caring friends in the background, adds extra purpose and meaning.  Thanks to all, Brogan.

mumsies

Glad to have you home safe, and ahead of the Big One....thoughts are also with those who are in the midst of Ike.

Lady Celynn

Glad that you're back and in good health.  Hats off to all the wonderful selfless people such as yourself who will put themselves in harms way to assist strangers in need.  Thank you.  BTW we tried to keep your wonderful lady in good spirit while you were gone.

chriscat53

We have lots of friends in Houston. Josie and Katie were almost born at the Texas Renaissance Festival. I was posing as the very pregnant mistress of a noble at one of the taverns and since it was a high risk diabetic pregnancy, went into premature labor in November 1987. Almost lost them. Had to stay in bed until they were born--January 4, 1988. They'll be 21 in January. Since the Texas Ren is North of Houston, I'm hoping they were passed up--but I doubt it. In fact--I'm taking the donkey and going over to their website.

DuCoeur

Welcome home Brogan.

AS a Former victim of a flood, I feel for those people.  My heart goes out to all of them.  Andy Many thanks for people like you Ser who helps them.

Hope to see you soon at Faire.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

anne of oaktower

Allow me to echo Brogan's sentiments as I thank all of you for your support while he was away.  I consider myself quite fortunate to have such a wonderful "fairemly".   Your endless supply of hugs and encouraging words has been greatly appreciated.

We have just received word that he may be leaving again in the next several days for another mission.  We will be sure to keep you all posted.

Blessings,
Anne
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."