News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Entertainment Schedule

Started by eldatari, September 15, 2008, 01:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldatari

The new entertainment schedule is up on the website.  They have changed the format of it this year.  There is also a new map on the website, looks very different from the old one.  I like it alot better.

HollyAtFairyEffects

I love the new map!  It is much more accurate than the old map, and is actually in correct proportions.  And the color coding will be helpful to patrons looking for food and privies and things.  You don't know how offen boothies get asked where the bathrooms are!

Var Greyshadow

That's a big improvement in the map!  It does look more like the actual arrangement of the grounds.

Good to see all the familiar names on the entertainment schedule too!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

eldatari

I have been complaining to my husband for years that they need to fix the map.  It's not that I don't know my way around it just bugged me how inaccurate it was.  Plus the color coding should help mundanes to find things.

I am not so fond of the new format for the schedule.

Blushing

I'm fairly computer savyy ... but does anyone know a way to print out the schedule?  And I can't find the map ...

I'll be visiting in November, and I want to make the most of my time (which is to say any hardcore early planning might very well fly out the window when I actually get there).

;D
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

eldatari

Link to the map==> http://www.texrenfest.com/map.html

As far as printing out the schedule I couldn't find a way either.  I ended up writing the information down and then making my own spreadsheet.

Pascal

I was able to print the entertainment schedule to a PDF; if anyone wants it, I can put it somewhere it can be downloaded.

----

Aaacckkk!  Never mind -- I just noticed how it omits the bottom portion of the schedule!

Nagling

OMG - Cristoph the Insulter moved from the Sea Devil to the Agora Stage.  The beer selection is much better at the Sea Devil. Grrrr....

Al-Nimer

I was able to capture the schedule as 2 JPEGs using the fullscreen function of Firefox, and created a 2-page PDF out of them.  The JPEGs are about 182Kb each, and the PDF is 915Kb.  If anyone wants either, renmail me with your email address and I'll send them on.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

SirRichardBear

Good to see the Pirates back at the Sea Devil buts its going to be strange not seeing Cristoph there.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

*Teach*

I was just thinking that also. I really enjoy having the pirates in the Sea Devil though.
What's really weird is that Cristophe is in the Agora... how on earth are they planning to keep the kiddos away from his shows?
Also strange having Ded Bob back to the Globe instead of at the Odeon. No way is his crowd going to fit in there nowadays.

*at least I know where my rum is...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Just Randall

Um, Teach, Ded Bob was at the Globe last year, it's not a new change.

*Did you know that coconut rum goes really well with pineapple soda?*
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

*Teach*

I haven't actually watched Ded Bob since I realized I could recite his stuff myself lol
Not knowing there was a location change is that easy to explain... and also says a lot for the new and improved entertainment schedule and map. I found out several things I hadn't realized before (of course most of my time is spent either looking at the Lovely Lady Trinn or wandering in a drunken state also)

*Yep, and Coconut rum is also awesome in hot chocolate on the last weekend of faire too*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Bonny Pearl

my hubby will be thrilled that cristophe is at the agora now!  now...he can watch the dancers, cristophe, eat gyros and drink ale to his hearts content all in one area, lol!

hhmmmm.......i may be needing a wagon or something to wheel him out of the park at the end of the day....
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Broadside

Quote from: x0x_teach_x0x on September 21, 2008, 12:54:20 PM
I was just thinking that also. I really enjoy having the pirates in the Sea Devil though.

We are glad to be there and look forward to entertaining you this season.

P.O.B.

P.S. We will also be having the impromptu, not on the schedule, not planned, pub sing at the Feast Hall this year.
Same Pirate Time.
Different Pirate Place.
"So long and thanks for all the fish!!" D.N.A.