News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New to PA Renn faire Questions...

Started by remission, September 29, 2008, 03:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remission

I am in MD and want to travel up to PA faire for the Pirate weekend in Oct.

I see tickets are 28.00, is that for the whole weekend?  That's pretty high for one day, if it is just for the day,are there any discount coupons avaliable anywere?

What about hotels and such for staying overnight?  Im looking to make it as cheap as possible.

Id be up to shareing a room with others also if anyone wants to group.

How is the weapons policy here? In MD your not allowed to bring ANY weapons, even fake ones into the faire. I have a knife, sword and fake blunderbuss and Pistol Id like to wear..

thanks!

sir oswyn dagworth

28 is for a single day adult ticket although you get a few bucks off for garbing. Some local stores like Hess have coupons but they may be expired this late in the season.

Not many hotels in the immediate area and to get a room now is cutting it really close. The Hampton Inn is sold out as well as the farmr's hope inn.

piece tied weapons are accepted.

Quote from: remission on September 29, 2008, 03:25:30 PM
I am in MD and want to travel up to PA faire for the Pirate weekend in Oct.

I see tickets are 28.00, is that for the whole weekend?  That's pretty high for one day, if it is just for the day,are there any discount coupons avaliable anywere?

What about hotels and such for staying overnight?  Im looking to make it as cheap as possible.

Id be up to shareing a room with others also if anyone wants to group.

How is the weapons policy here? In MD your not allowed to bring ANY weapons, even fake ones into the faire. I have a knife, sword and fake blunderbuss and Pistol Id like to wear..

thanks!

Smack'n M"Crack
Oculus Nox Clan O'Patrick
Prince Oswyn Dagworth consort to Anne Queen of Denmark

remission

Ah well, it is only 2 hours away. I can always drive back or find some after faire party to crash at maybe :)

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: remission on September 29, 2008, 07:32:09 PM
Ah well, it is only 2 hours away. I can always drive back or find some after faire party to crash at maybe :)

You might try the Comfort Inn and Suites - it's about 8 miles away but looks nice. However it will most likely be expensive if they have any rooms left at all. So I guess it will depend on what your budget is - being faire season the hotels in the area all crank up their prices.

theChuck

another question related to this: where do the forum members hang out? is there a specific pub, or do you guys wander? are there meet/greets during the day, etc?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

remission

I think we are just going to come up Sunday the 12th and drive home later. Its only 2 hours away :)

McGuinness

Quote from: remission on September 29, 2008, 07:32:09 PM

There is also a Quality Inn in Lebanon that is a straight ride down route 72 (which the faire is also on). Its about 10 minutes away and from what I've heard, one of the less expensive places around but still nice. Never stayed there myself since I live in the area and all.

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: theChuck on October 01, 2008, 10:27:24 PM
another question related to this: where do the forum members hang out? is there a specific pub, or do you guys wander? are there meet/greets during the day, etc?

The Swashbuckler Pub is the place to be. If you want to be found - go find a place at the Swashbuckler to plant yourself. Someone will eventually happen by and find you. That seems to be the center of gatherings - we always meet up at the Swashbuckler at points during the day to rest a spell, have some libations and catch up on each others meanderings!

Carl

My wife and I will also be attending for the first time on the 12th. MIRF is our home faire. But we have been well traveled this year.We have a wedding to attend in Pitts. on sat. So whats another 3 hr drive to attend a great faire. If anyone has any extra discount coupons from the local buisnesses they would be greatly appreiciated. We should make it in by 9:30. see ya there !!
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Carl and Donna on October 06, 2008, 10:31:24 AM
My wife and I will also be attending for the first time on the 12th. MIRF is our home faire. But we have been well traveled this year.We have a wedding to attend in Pitts. on sat. So whats another 3 hr drive to attend a great faire. If anyone has any extra discount coupons from the local buisnesses they would be greatly appreiciated. We should make it in by 9:30. see ya there !!

OH! I'm so sorry we are going to miss you! We are attending the 11th! Well, we shall see you next year - probably at GLMF.

Have a wonderful visit at PARF - it's a wonderful faire - although a bit different than you may be used to. It's one of my favorite faires - definitely in my top 5. I wish I could be there to show you around - but I'm afraid it won't work out this time!

Enjoy!

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Carl & Donna,

Go to the PARF web site and join their e-mail list.  They have businesses that send you discount coupons via e-mail. 

This is a very lovely shire.  Be sure to watch the human chess match, final joust and final performance.  Very artistically done indeed!  Best of wishes to you both!

Lady M
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Carl

We will make GLMF next year will probably be bringing along a hefty MIRF contingent I have been talking up your faire along with Lord Higgins and his lovely lady when they visited MIRF this year.
Castleteer
Outlander
FOKTOP
Rivet'n Penny

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Carl and Donna on October 06, 2008, 10:25:57 PM
We will make GLMF next year will probably be bringing along a hefty MIRF contingent I have been talking up your faire along with Lord Higgins and his lovely lady when they visited MIRF this year.

Excellent - then if we don't see you again this year we'll definitely see you next! Along with some of that MIRF contingent as well!  :)

Carl

Well looks like the trip to PARF has been canceled.I have to be back on Sunday for work. Well there is always next year (sigh)
Castleteer
Outlander
FOKTOP
Rivet'n Penny