News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Closing Weekend Tailgate

Started by Lady Guinness, September 30, 2008, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Guinness

I can hardly believe it is time to start talking about closing weekend already. We have been traveling alot this year to other faires to spend time with some amazing friends. Now it is time to spend the rest of the faire run in our wonderful shire here at MDRF with our awesome friends here and those that will be traveling in to our shire to visit. With that in mind lets talk tailgate for the closing "invasion" weekend!! So many people are coming together to share our shire that I want to make sure everything is covered. Let me throw out a few basics details for those that have not been to our tailgates before:

*we arrive between  0800-0830
*we all park to the left side of the gate
*if you arrive early we can park very close and have a 'block party" type event
*bring your favorite beverage to share
*bring your favorite food to share

I will bring coffee/cream/sugar and...ahem....a special sweetner. Pastries. And another special "morning" beverage. ;)

As time goes by I will see what is needed and bring more things to share. I am looking forward to seeing evereone and sharing our closing weekend with all of you.

Scotsman

I will have cigars for the lads and lassies!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Scarlett

8:00 AM?!?!  You guys are trying to kill me! 

Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Scotsman

Quote from: Scarlett on October 01, 2008, 09:45:44 AM
8:00 AM?!?!  You guys are trying to kill me! 

Give me a break lass .... there are only so many hours in the day for us to party ... we have to kick this thing off early to maximise daylight! Not to worry, we will make it worth you while  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Scarlett

Well, I won't be held responsible if you and The Brad have to carry me out to the car.  And anything I do or say past noon doesn't count!

Scotsman

Quote from: Scarlett on October 01, 2008, 10:15:39 AM
And anything I do or say past noon doesn't count!

It never does  ;)

... is this a confirmation that "the Brad" is definately coming? If so ... AWESOME!!!

Ewan, "The Brad" & Scotsman together again!

*note to self* Pick up "top shelf" cigars for Scotsman, Amras, Black Fox, Tim T, "The Brad" & Ewan
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Charity Morgan

Well, I won't be held responsible if you and The Brad have to carry me out to the car.  And anything I do or say past noon doesn't count!
Scarlett darlin' sorry I will miss your smilin' faces  :'(...that grin of yours gets so glowingly beautiful about midday! But just remember, what happens in Maryland stays in Maryland!  Oh and Scotsman...have some swiss cheese for me!   :-*
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Scarlett

Nor can anything I do or say past noon be held against me in a court of law!

Yes, The Brad shall be in attendance. 

Charity - we  will miss you, Sir Wulf, and Capt. Fortune!  But we'll all be sending a huge burst of positive vibes your way!

Scotsman

Quote from: Charity Morgan on October 01, 2008, 10:36:45 AM
remember, what happens in Maryland stays in Maryland! 

Yup it stays in MD and then gets posted here along with photographic evidence!  ;D

... at least that is how it works when I am involved!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Dallan

Sadly we will miss closing weekend.
Fight'n

Lady Guinness

Scarlett~ you can do it!!! (no peer pressure here!)
Dallan~ I am so sorry we will not see you guys on closing weekend. Hopefully we will see you a weekend before then.
Charity~we will raise our mugs to those Pittsburgh friends that can not be at MDRF with us and send you huge hugs and kisses!!

I can't wait!!!!

Lady de la Warr

Indeed! This shall be a closing weekend to remember..........or not...........that's for sure!

Dallan and Charity (and crew) - we are indeed sorry you won't be joining us. We shall raise a pint for you and will send warm wishes your way!

As for what to bring - I shall bring some libation and will endeavor to find some nice fruit to munch on (and maybe some cookies) - as well as anything else I can think of we might want.

dinkywench

are newcomers welcome to the tailgate? i make a mean bloody mary...

Dallan

Ladies, thank you and we'll miss you too. It's killing me that we can't make closing weekend but we'll be back on the 12th and 19th and will see you then. And of course there's CRF.

Dinky Wench, I don't think that I'm speaking out of turn here but you would be welcome at tailgate. It's a great group of people.
Fight'n

Scotsman

Quote from: dinkywench on October 02, 2008, 07:58:56 AM
are newcomers welcome to the tailgate? i make a mean bloody mary...

As Dallan stated ... all are welcome, please join in on the fun.

(the real show is in the parking lot ;D)
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56