News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your Fave Halloween Movies

Started by maelstrom0370, October 18, 2008, 07:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The film that got me back into costuming and put fishnets back into Halloween!! Along wth garish makeup!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Capt. Morgan

I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Mairte

Becky, Carl is MY favorite too! ;D

groomporter

This one sounds intriguing Perfume: The Story of a Murderer and even has Dustin Hoffman

In 18th century France, Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, born with no scent of his own, but with with a supernatural ability to detect the scent of others is driven to murder in order to create the perfect perfume.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396171/
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Rani Zemirah

Oooooh... the Cosmetics Killer!  :D  Sounds suitably creeepy...  :o

Oh, just had a flash from the past!  Ok, so not horror in the classic sense, but a couple from Charlton Heston that were nice and creepy, as well. 

Soylent Green...
("Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!")

&

Omega Man... 
Matthias and "the Family" gave me the royal creeps for ages, and I wanted bars on the doors and windows afterward!  I wasn't really all that impressed with the "I Am Legend" remake, except for the whole speed factor of "the infected". 

I saw most of these movies as a pretty young kid, though, and compared with today's tech and special effects they would all just be "old movies", but the storylines are all solid, and modern remakes could be done really well if the effort was made.  Not sure anyone could do them better than Charlton Heston, though... and even as much as Will Smith entertains me... he's no Heston.

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Becky10

Has anyone seen the trailer for The Black Swan? I am dying to see that one.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Rani Zemirah

Ooooh, that was suitably ooky!  Stalker flicks always creep me right on out!  :o
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

There was a mini-series on the telly back in 1978 that was a real doozie! Written by Tom Tryon (Mac in In Harm's Way) and starring Bette Davis and Rosanna Arquette (age 19, her second appearance!) and a lot of other familiar faces.  The mini-series was 5 hours worth, but they have only released it as a 2-hour video. How do you cut 60% of a movie and have it hold up??!? It had a very frightening ending... I was scared of women for a long time after watching that!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rani Zemirah

Ummm... did it have a NAME?!?  ::)  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Ferret

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on October 09, 2010, 09:19:44 PM
Ummm... did it have a NAME?!?  ::)  :D

The Dark Secret of Harvest Home.
Ferret

Rani Zemirah

Oh, yes, I remember that one!  Women were in charge of the town, and everyone observed old rituals, including human sacrifice, to ensure the harvest every year.  Same basic premise as Wicker Man, and several others in a similar vein... 

Cashing in on that whole Puritanical idea that it's always the women who are "in league with the devil"...  ::)  :P
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

Wow...I went to sleep on that one...good catch Ferret. Gotta do something about this ADHD..
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Blackbead

I just ordered a copy of a film that is one of my "guilty pleasures" and I think fits into this cateGORY.  "The Keep" - this will be my Halloween movie this year!  Jurgen Prochnow, Gabriel Byrne, Ian McKellen, Scott Glenn, a demon, the Carpathian Mountains, World War II, the Wehrmacht AND Nazis, and a Tangerine Dream soundtrack that is intense.  This movie has it all!
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Anna Iram

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on October 10, 2010, 02:12:00 AM
Oh, yes, I remember that one!  Women were in charge of the town, and everyone observed old rituals, including human sacrifice, to ensure the harvest every year.  Same basic premise as Wicker Man, and several others in a similar vein...  

Cashing in on that whole Puritanical idea that it's always the women who are "in league with the devil"...  ::)  :P

*Evil laugh* We are......

I'm probably gonna have rocks thrown at me for this one, but I personally got a good scare from Blair Witch. Hid under the covers the night I saw it and couldn't even go down the wicker aisle at Michaels Crafts for months!