News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your Fave Halloween Movies

Started by maelstrom0370, October 18, 2008, 07:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tygrkat

HELLRAISER...

Because no one tells a horror tale quite like Clive Barker  ;D

House of 1000 Corpses, and Mr. Zombie's version of Halloween wasn't half bad either - I was suprised at how much I enjoyed it

I love all the Troma films for the cheese/camp factor (think Toxic Avenger, etc.) and for extra cheese...Attack of the Killer Tomatoes or Killer Clowns from Outer Space  :P

I am one of those who really loves the gore and critiques the effects ( I *BIG RED HEART* Evil Dead and Evil Dead II for being so DIY) - cgi really is taking a huge bite out of an amazing art form...
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: NoBill Lurker on October 20, 2008, 08:33:26 PM
What about "Phantasm"  ???

Or maybe "The Hitcher"   Got to love Rutger Hauer in that one.  ;D

OMG!!!  How could I forget about the Tall Man!!??  :o
And rarely has a movie nut job creeped me out as much as Rutger did in The Hitcher

Quote from: Tygrkat33 on October 21, 2008, 08:15:00 AM
HELLRAISER...

Because no one tells a horror tale quite like Clive Barker  ;D

House of 1000 Corpses, and Mr. Zombie's version of Halloween wasn't half bad either - I was suprised at how much I enjoyed it

Definitely second the HellRaiser shout out!!  Rob Zombie's looking to "re-boot" that one, too.
Loved House of 1000 Corpses up until the last 20 minutes or so....then it just got too wierd.
And while I liked his Halloween re-boot, I preferred the original "Michale Myers is just evil" as opposed to the re-boot's "Michael Myers had a troubled childhood which caused him to go nuts"

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Athena

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Shining
The Haunting - the original version from 1963 - NOT the horrid remake!
The Exorcist - I saw it on TV when I was a kid, and couldn't sleep for days. I still harbor a distaste for Ouija boards.
The Silence of the Lambs
The Blair Witch Project
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Tygrkat

Quote from: maelstrom0370 on October 21, 2008, 09:02:40 AM

Definitely second the HellRaiser shout out!!  Rob Zombie's looking to "re-boot" that one, too.

Hmmmm...I'm not sure how I feel about that...I love Rob Zombie's movies, but "re-booting" Hellraiser is treading on sacred ground...

{pun intended  :P}

Loved House of 1000 Corpses up until the last 20 minutes or so....then it just got too weird.

I thought it was great, but it's hard to do "too weird" for me...at least on film  ;)

And while I liked his Halloween re-boot, I preferred the original "Michale Myers is just evil" as opposed to the re-boot's "Michael Myers had a troubled childhood which caused him to go nuts"

Yeah, my husband and I did do quite a bit of joking about "Michael just needs a hug and then he wouldn't have to slaughter so much"...

Amras Elfwine

It is an honor to be with a group with members who remember "The Car"...remember seeing it at the local drive inn back home from the seat of my '71 Buick Electra 225...

My favorites for Halloween:

1. Its The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
2. The Fog (I really like Adian Barneau's...eyes...in that one.)
3. Army of Darkness
and, because I love the classics...

4. The Creature From the Black Lagoon (filmed on location back home in Florida)
5. Frankenstein (w/Boris Karloff)
6. Dracula (w/Bela Lagosi)
and
7. The Werewolf (w/Lon Chaney)
and, of course,
8. Bud Abbot and Lou Costello Meet The Mummy
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Tygrkat33 on October 21, 2008, 08:50:45 PM
Hmmmm...I'm not sure how I feel about that...I love Rob Zombie's movies, but "re-booting" Hellraiser is treading on sacred ground...

{pun intended  :P}

I hear ya.  Seriously, how can you mess with...

Celtic_Fae

28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Quarantine (had some good jump factors)
Cujo
The Birds
The Shining (versions I and II for different reasons)
When a Stranger Calls
Pet Sematary
The Strangers (for the simple fact that it in this day and age some people would try to kill you just because "you were home")
Pulse
The Reaping
Hocus Pocus
The Langoliers
Carrie (versions I and II for different reasons)
The Addams Family and Family Values
The Halloweentown series (with the original cast)

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Kathryn (Fae) Weldon on October 22, 2008, 12:51:38 AM
The Strangers (for the simple fact that it in this day and age some people would try to kill you just because "you were home")

Dunno 'bout anyone else, but that line, right there, gets my vote for Most! F'd-Up! Line! EVAR!!
"Why are you doing this?"
"Cuz you were home."

GAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!  :o :o :o
**Checks the deadbolts on his front door**

Tygrkat

Quote from: maelstrom0370 on October 22, 2008, 01:40:58 PM

Dunno 'bout anyone else, but that line, right there, gets my vote for Most! F-Up! Line! EVAR!!
"Cuz you were home."

*Adds The Strangers to the 'to be watched' list*

This one sounds too creepy to miss  ;D

Morgan Dreadlocke

The 7 Faces of Dr Lao
Caltiki
The Illusionist

The last is more of a murder mystery. Tis still a very well done period piece.
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I'm with Amras...

"It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Morgan Dreadlocke

Quote from: Lady Nicolette on October 20, 2008, 04:43:54 PM

We walked home from the movie through the pea soup Palos Verdes fog.

I spent many an hour in London listnin' to Blokes complain about the fog. It was thick but nowheres near the density of a SoCal sock in. Ya couldn't see the street lights, traffic signs an sometimes the curb as ye rolled over it at 2 mph. :o  I don't be missin' Long Beach much ;)

Movies an fog- The Crawling Eye, comes ta mind. B grade with good continuity, interesting characters and a decent plot.
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

Lady Nicolette

I'm famous for being the only one who could figure out which direction to go after a concert at the Long Beach Arena to get everyone out of the parking lot and to the hotel.  Just tuned into my inner compass from my youth there. 

Kind of fits the topic here, since it was a metal showcase...had all of the Sabs, Gene Simmons' ubiquitous appearance etc.  Now that backstage was scary! ;)
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: Tygrkat33 on October 22, 2008, 01:48:17 PM
Quote from: maelstrom0370 on October 22, 2008, 01:40:58 PM

Dunno 'bout anyone else, but that line, right there, gets my vote for Most! F-Up! Line! EVAR!!
"Cuz you were home."

*Adds The Strangers to the 'to be watched' list*

This one sounds too creepy to miss  ;D

It was creepy...for the simple fact that there are some people today would kill or do other nefarious deeds "juz becuz" (intentional misspelling).