News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Identify Leather Worker in Texas

Started by KiltedPrivateer, October 02, 2008, 09:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyElizabeth

I have no idea what frog, but I remember the cute pirate hat!!  They were at TRF last weekend, but they won't be back I don't think until Roman Bacchanal weekend Nov 8-9th.  They're trying to find a shop on site that might allow them to display their corsets for the season.  Please ignore that statement if it's illegal at TRF since none of us knew one way or the other and so it was simply a discussion until we got more info....
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

KiltedPrivateer

A frog is the piece of a belt that holds a sword or dagger sheath.

I believe a shop keeper can sell other peoples wares, however, I do know that faires are very strict about what you sell in your shop. 

For example, if you are a clothier, you should not be selling mugs or swords or fairy wings.  Unless of course you happen to be the Sword Mug Fairy Wing Clothing shop and you have cleared your merchandise before hand with George or the vendor coordinator. 

Therefore, they should be looking for a corset shop that wouldn't mind adding a third party's merchandise to their inventory.  Most likely for a percentage of the sell.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

mieljolie

I was talking to a leather vendor in a tent somewhere.  Sorry, I can't remember the name.  They lost nearly all of their inventory during Ike.  They might be willing/able to since they sold leather goods.
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

LadyElizabeth

So where was this tent?  Maybe I could stop by there this weekend and check them out.

I just got an email from Staward, life tree leather guy, and he has already bought the white leather for my Middle Earth Corset and said he'll try to finish it before TRF is out!!  How awesome is that?  Anyhow, I thought I'd post his email address in case others wanted to contact him about corsets or frogs or whatever.  My sister brought his business cards this weekend to TRF, but ran out on Sunday...  lifetreeleather@yahoo.com

*note, this is not a shameless plug since I do not in any way work for them, we are simply friends and I love their work and want to see it out at TRF more!!*
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

LifeTreeLeather

Hello All

This is Stew Facile, owner, opperator, and craftsman of Life Tree Leather.

I just recently discovered that my leather goodies were being discused on a forum, and that was so freakin cool I had to come check it out.

I just wanted to introduce myself and let anyone who wants to know that I can be reached for 1 0n 1 discussions either through my web site www.lifetreeleather.com

Or my e-mail lifetreeleather@yahoo.com

Thanks for everything and for letting me know that my work is appreciated

Stew Facile
Life Tree Leather