News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Closing weekend..........

Started by Lady de la Warr, October 21, 2008, 10:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady de la Warr

Alas, the sad time of year has come again and we must close our lovely PARF.

So who all is going to join us for closing weekend?

Sir O and I will definitely be there both days - although we will have to leave before closing on Sunday so we get home at a decent hour. Getting up for work at 4 am doesn't give you much leeway on Sundays.  :(

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

As you know we'll be there. But we are watching the weather there, they are saying rain.I sure will pray to the rain GODS to hold off. Can't wait to see you and Sir O at your shire.I think I want to be a FAIRE GROUPIE. :D
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Amy of York

My husband, son and i  plan to be  there for  closing  day  on Sunday, so my husband  and i can celebrate our 10'th wedding anniversary.  Right  now  we are   also watching  the  weather very closely.  Saturday  looks very wet, but Sunday has potential  yet. well atleast it is  not snow, although they say we may  get some  of  the  white  stuff here  tonight  !

I also know  that Master James and his  wife are suppose  to be  there on Sunday, for  I have  already made  plans  to met up  with  them.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

LadySeasan

We do hope to go, but if the weather is bad, then it will be a no :(

Hopefully the rain gods will back off!
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady de la Warr

Well - I'm hoping they will change the weather report between now and then. Beings this part of the country has fickle weather, the norm is that the forecast changes several times - sometimes in the same day!

But I too am praying for either the rain to pass through quickly so it's done by Saturday morning - or that it holds off until Monday  :)

Lady Amy of York

the weather for cast right now  is  for  100%  rain, and  thunderstoms  with possible  strong  gusty   winds  on Saturday. 
  Sunday is  suppose  to be  80%  chance of  rain in the morning , then a  chance  of a  lingering shower in the afternoon.
  Yuck. Oh well, not much you can do about the  weather this  time  of year !

If  we do go, watching weather closely,  it  looks like i will not  be  wearing the good  velvet gown on Sunday   !  I think i will wear my other gown  that can  get wet. Plus i have  a cloak i can wear over it.   My husband   and  son's  garb  can not get wet  so  they will be going in civilan clothes.  (  one of   these  days i have  to get them rain cloaks.)

Lady de la Warr

Yeah - well as far as the weather goes - there's nothing we can do about that. But truly - I'm not going to start worrying about it until Friday night/Saturday morning. If I have to wear my "junk" gown all weekend because of the threat/reality of rain, so be it. But as it is - it's still too far out to be taking any weather reports as real. (I sure hope I'm right on that one - lol!)

So I'll start thinking about that in a couple of days.

Scotsman

Rain ... Yipie! I love playing in the rain ... it feels so ... medieval ... and Scottish!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

JeannieMac

I am planning on going up for both days - however, I have not graded any student papers in about two weeks ... so I think I may go up and sit quietly in my room and grade Saturday ... then spend the WHOLE DAY Sunday.
Jean :)
from DE

Lady Amy of York

Looks like it is going to be  a nice day  Sunday !  :)

Scotsman

Okay ... just 24 hours away from loading the car and heading North ....
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

SirBlackFox

If it rains it'll just be me on Saturday. . .  on Sunday both NoirCyn and myself will attend.  I'm shooting for Faire Magazine's article on PARF:Hallowe'en, so dress your scariest!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Scotsman

Quote from: SirBlackFox on October 24, 2008, 07:44:21 AM
If it rains it'll just be me on Saturday

Awesome ... we should be onsite around 1000ish ... we'll be parking in the Hampton parking lot.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady de la Warr

We're rolling out tonight after work. We're staying at the Country Inn and Suites for the weekend so if anyone else is staying there we'll be arriving sometime tonight.  ;)

If you see us give us a holler!