News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Letter to the Editor - Oswego Palladium-Times

Started by Lord Finger, October 22, 2008, 08:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Finger

A co-worker brought this to my attention this morning. It's a letter to the Editor from the Oswego Palladium-Times. I'm not trying to cause trouble, just thought it newsworthy.

http://www.palltimes.com/opinions/letters_to_the_editor/x1157490331/New-Ren-Faire-owner-cuts-corners-breaks-agreement

ALS

As a former booth owner at Sterling who had to deal with Howard Bartle, he's a TOOL!! The classic Human Resources Manager, who specializes in double speak and goobldygook. I don't know squat about Doug Waterbarry, could be the largest load on earth I can't say, but I do know this guy and wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him. We left in '05 as Jerry was at the peak of running the place into the ground, we hadn't broke even in two years and Howard was nothing more than a pimp for management, leaving the vendors he was supposed to represent to twist in the wind.

Tygrkat

I read that earlier, and having no knowledge of exactly what was going on behind-the-scenes, it sounds to me like the writer is just disgruntled and felt it necessary to air his grievances in public, as a way to snub what is looking to be a successful change at Sterling.

As a patron/playtron, I have no complaints :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Cobaltblu

http://www.palltimes.com/archive/x512378341/Ren-festival-owner-employee-face-off-in-court

I read the article about the letter to the editor and found this new one dated January 7th 2009 about court cases where he is trying to get whatever salary he lost and mentions a liable lawsuit filed against him for certain claims he has made.

It is certainly an interesting topic and since this is going through the legal system whatever claims made on both sides will be evaluated by the court and deemed to be valid or not.  The claims Howard makes should be fairly easy to prove or disprove.

I've never met Howard and perhaps I am giving him too much credit but personally I would never file a lawsuit I didn't have hard facts to support because making unfounded accusations which have a negative effect on another person's business/finances/reputation is liable.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

ALS

I noticed this comment left regarding Howards letter to the editor ( the comment on this story portion right bellow the article in the link ) " I feel Howard Bartle's commentary in the newspaper about Sterling Renaissance Festival management mirrors his treatment of my family and business in July of 2006. My husband traveled 1300 miles, from the Kansas City area for a guest spot at the Sterling Renaissance Faire (three weekends). Mr. Bartle, the Craft Coordinator at the time verbally attacked and abused my husband repeatedly before forcing him to leave the show. There was no valid reason given for any of the abuse.

We have been in business for over twenty years and have never experienced anything similar with any event management. On the contrary, we have always been treated extraordinarily well by event owners and have received numerous awards at events nationwide.

He failed to live up to his contractual obligation to us, and was inconsiderate and unfair in his evaluation of the situation.

While we don't know the new owners, we certainly feel the former Craft Coordinator (Mr. Bartle) is guilty of the same tactics he writes about in this piece. "