News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Quad Cities (Iowa/Illinois) event - need help!

Started by Dustin, October 27, 2008, 01:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin

Ok, I'm hoping this is the right place. John, if this is wrong, move it where it should be. Thanks!

I'm an organizer for an event called Forget-Me-Not: Victorian Day at Oakdale Memorial Gardens. It's a living history event, and actually covers time periods from about the 1830's to the 1920's. The main attraction are the "living epitaphs". Actors portray historic figures who are buried at the cemetery, which was founded in 1856. Two other historic cemeteries in the area have similar events, but I'm trying to make ours bigger and better. I know some of you fine folks do Victorian things as well as Renaissance. I'm looking for participants - living epitaph actors, street cast, vendors, entertainment, you name it. If you do demonstrations of some Victorian or Civil War or turn-of-the-century craft or skill, that would also be great. This coming year (2009), it will be taking place either the second or third Saturday in September.

If anyone here has any interest in this at all, please send me a ren-mail. Also, my email address for the event is listed on the event website, as is a link to pictures from the cemetery and the 2007 event.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Dustin

Okay folks, the date has been finalized as September 12. Please, if you can help out, let me know.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV