News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Magazine & Pyrates Way at CRF Nov.8

Started by SirBlackFox, October 29, 2008, 09:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirBlackFox

I'll be attending on Saturday to get Faire Photos for Faire Magazine and Pyrate Invasion photos for Pyrates Way.  Feel free to say hi and get yourself in on the action!  I'll be in my photo-mundanes but you can't miss the big "PRESS" on my back.

Look forward to seeing all!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Raibeart OShea

My Lady and I are SOOO looking forward to the Pirate's Christmas weekend.  Hope we meet up with you as we'll be in our Pirate 'not so mundane's'.

The CRF website mentions 'Special Pirate Entertainment' all weekend long...any idea what all will be going on and what kind of schedule there will be?
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

will paisley

Quote from: Raibeart OShea on October 29, 2008, 11:41:40 AM
The CRF website mentions 'Special Pirate Entertainment' all weekend long...any idea what all will be going on and what kind of schedule there will be?

The obvious entertainment to point out is the Pyrates Royale.  If you've never seen them before, make sure to catch as many of their shows as you can.  If you have seen them before, ditto.  There's almost nothing at CRF that compares to them, with the possible exception of The Lost Boys. From my experience, the shows that are later in the day have been better, and the smaller the stage the better (though their last show at either Fairhaven Theatre or the Palace Stage is generally a riot).  Don't be surprised if there's a large crowd of rennies following them from stage to stage, singing along with every song (even the ones in Gaelic). Don't be surprised if they work the Budweiser commercial jingle or the Little Drummer Boy into a sea shanty, or if the song about their pirate ship sounds a lot like Crosby, Stills and Nash.  They're usually performing in the Artists Du Jour slot on the schedule. 
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Hibernian

Got to agree with Will, the Pyrates Royale are great. Make sure you catch at least one of their shows.

Sir Black Fox, welcome, I hope you enjoy your time in Fairhaven as much as we have enjoyed at visits to Maryland.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

FireFaerie

I'm wicked excited about pirate weekend. Pyrates Royale sounds awesome.  :D