News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rendevous 2009

Started by Scotsman, November 13, 2008, 07:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

This will be a living thread with changes posted to this intro post regularly. Please check back here (page 1) for changes.

Okay folks ... need some assistance here.

The New Year is almost upon us and we need to start getting geared up for our invasion in 2009. I expect that many will be joining us and I want to assist our visitors the best way we can. Below are some of the things I believe we can look at. I figure the best way to go is form committees to address the different particulars of Rendevous.
Please feel free to sign up for the committee(s) that you feel you can support. I don't want folks to feel they have to assume ALL the responsibilities of the committee ... remember, this is for fun, not meant to be work. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance for all your support.
I feel, and have always felt that the MDRF rennies are the most welcoming in the country and I have little doubt this will continue through 2009.

Tailgate Committee:
Lady Guinness (lead)
Dallan (2nd in command)
Ladi Di (supervisor of 2nd in command)

Hotel/Motel/Camping (Lodging) Committee:
Master James (asst)
Lady Glorianna (asst)

Area Tourism committee: (I figure some folks may want to see the area as well) - Annapolis/Baltimore/DC
Amras (lead)

Travel Committee: (develop info about airports in the area BWI/Regan/Dulles - and travel resources to and from)
- we may want to look at travel routes from Baltimore/Washington/Annapolis)
Amras(lead)
Master James (asst)

Social Committee: (Day and Evening - especially Friday night)
Scotsman

Game committee: (Things to do before/during/after faire) remember to keep this simple for folks want to explore faire.
I was thinking about something like Best favor of faire or Best knees competition for the kilted lads or stuff like that ... simple easy and fun - key is have fun with it.

MDRF liaison committee: Work with MDRF to ensure that we don't break any rules like fire eating in the parking lot or having a kilt competition detracting from faire - basically bump everything we do to ensure no one comes from afar to get kicked out of faire the first day.
Lady Glorianna (lead)

Feel free to expand on these subjects  ... am I missing anything?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Amras Elfwine

I'll take the Travel Committee, and help out on the Area Tourism Committee. 8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Scotsman

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on November 13, 2008, 09:40:25 AM
I'll take the Travel Committee, and help out on the Area Tourism Committee. 8)

Thanks bro!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Master James

Sign me up for the Travel Committee, specifically Dulles since its 5 miles from the house and the Lodging Committee, specifically camping since that is what we do every Labor Day weekend.  What kind of information are we looking for so I can start thinking about it.  Don't know that I'll be able to fully dedicate time to it unitl after VARF but I can certainly work on bits and pieces to start pulling it together and then finish off everything after VARF ends.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Scotsman

No worries, any help & input is appreciated. I know you are probably the best go-to guy for local camping info as well.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady_Glorianna

I can help with the lodging and the MDRF liason aspects and anywhere else anyone can think I can help or want my opinion.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady_Glorianna on November 13, 2008, 10:06:12 AM
I can help with the lodging and the MDRF liason aspects and anywhere else anyone can think I can help or want my opinion.

You are awesome ... I was secretly hoping you would volunteer for liaison, I figured you would be the best for that one. Thanks a bunch!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady Nicolette

Looks like you're all off to a great start!  Please know that I'm happy to help in any way that I can from lessons learned at the last RenDevous or just if any of you want to chat about your concerns.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady Nicolette on November 13, 2008, 10:44:05 AM
Looks like you're all off to a great start!  Please know that I'm happy to help in any way that I can from lessons learned at the last RenDevous or just if any of you want to chat about your concerns.

Absolutely ... do you see anything we are missing? Anything we should really pay close attention too? Any input previous planners might have would be welcome.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Capt. Morgan

Oooh! Oooh! I'll be on the  "Coming from out of State, meeting up with good friends and having a great time" Committee...and judging by all the talk from our last meeting at MDRF...there will be a SLEW of us on that Committe!!!!

Miss you all!!

((HUGS))

Morgan
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Lady Nicolette

I think as long as you have reliable people (and you do so far!) working on everything, it should all go smoothly.  Just don't forget the photo opps (people really enjoying the photos later)  and a schedule of events that everyone can have with a map so that they can all find their way to everything in a timely way and make sure that you have time to get to everything as well. 

I have the R/F.com banner, btw and will bring it or send it early to you if you want it earlier.  You will need to arrange for a pole if you want one for it, since it won't fit on de plane!

Scotsman

I figure the Social committee will take care of the time line for photo ops and such ...

A pole eh? No worries, we can take care of that.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Lady Nicolette

It needs to be about a 10-foot pole! :o :o :o

Capt. Morgan

That's one tall Pole...We have a 7'3"  Lithuanian named Zydrunas Ilgauskas on the Cleveland Cavaliers...he might come in handy...

;)
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady Nicolette on November 13, 2008, 01:10:16 PM
It needs to be about a 10-foot pole! :o :o :o

... as in, "I wouldn't touch that with a ... "
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56