News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Missed a lot, but still had a good time

Started by ADraeger, December 01, 2008, 04:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADraeger

My husband (Josh) and myself were able to make it down during Barbarian Invasion.  Had a blast (kudos to the cast - love you guys! :) ), but missed the noon meet and greet for RFers both times ( first time - slept in due to friday and friday night activities   ::) lol, second time - forgot to set my alarm on my cell phone :( ).  I thought I recognized several of you from your profile pictures, but as I've been more a forum lurker then contributor as of late, I decided it might be creepy for me to come up and introduce myself.   :P  Anyhoo, I hope that I'll get to meet as many of you as possible during Scarby - that's our home faire, and as such, we will be attending multiple times instead of just one. :)

eloquentXI

Will be on the look out then! Watch out, I'm known to jump up and down in excitement when I find new forum members and recognize them!  Just ask Element of Air about the first time I recognized her (actually from renspace, more specifically).  ;D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

ADraeger

Awesome! :) :)  I'm pretty sure I'll share the excitement. :)  It's nice to put faces to people (besides pictures).  (I actually met my husband online.. it was awesome when we finally got to meet in person. :) :) )

LadyShadow

Hopefully Hubby and I can make it up to Scarby this year.  And I am the same with only making it to  TRF once this year.  Either didnt have the money or had to work :(  The one time I did make it to TRF forgot about the meet and greet until it was time to leave :(  Next time I promise I will remember, hopefully :)

Hope to make it to Scarby and meet you as well as everyone else there :)
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

DonaCatalina

You should have come up and introduced yourselves!
I would have loved to meet you.
The thing to remember about Scarby is the pre-cannon party down in the FoF parking near the gate. Come on down and join the fun.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

ADraeger

Quote from: LadyShadow on December 02, 2008, 09:01:07 AM
Hopefully Hubby and I can make it up to Scarby this year.  And I am the same with only making it to  TRF once this year.  Either didnt have the money or had to work :(  The one time I did make it to TRF forgot about the meet and greet until it was time to leave :(  Next time I promise I will remember, hopefully :)

Hope to make it to Scarby and meet you as well as everyone else there :)
Hope to meet you as well!  Scarby is so much easier for us to go to (2 1/2 hrs one way versus 5 1/2 to TRF...and we can drive back home for the night if we wish)...also better in the socializing department b/c we can meander around endlessly without worrying about 'getting our money's worth' (ie. seeing the shows, shopping some, etc..we do all that anyway, but feel pressed to go 90 miles an hour at TRF and to 'get in all we can' lol :) ).

ADraeger

Quote from: DonaCatalina on December 02, 2008, 09:30:11 AM
You should have come up and introduced yourselves!
I would have loved to meet you.
The thing to remember about Scarby is the pre-cannon party down in the FoF parking near the gate. Come on down and join the fun.

I'll remember that & look for you, Dona! :)  Pre-cannon party, eh?  That sounds great! :)  Hubs and I are wanting to get FoF passes for this upcoming year.. but it depends on how far we can make funds stretch (he's in college.. sometimes it's hard to pay for things in a large chunk vs smaller, multiple times).  I've never done the FoF pass before - the parking alone sounds like it's worth it. lol :) :) 

LadyShadow

Quote from: ADraeger on December 02, 2008, 09:43:12 AM
Hope to meet you as well!  Scarby is so much easier for us to go to (2 1/2 hrs one way versus 5 1/2 to TRF...and we can drive back home for the night if we wish)...also better in the socializing department b/c we can meander around endlessly without worrying about 'getting our money's worth' (ie. seeing the shows, shopping some, etc..we do all that anyway, but feel pressed to go 90 miles an hour at TRF and to 'get in all we can' lol :) ).

It would be great to meet outside of the forum.  I understand with the drive.  TRF is about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs away for us.  And Scarby would be a bit longer drive.  Since I havent done it, I dont know how long.  But it would be great to try and make it.  I think I need to start hiding the money from Hubby now, before he spends it :), that way I can save to go.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)