News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Saturday- Game of Musical Men

Started by eloquentXI, January 12, 2009, 02:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

**under construction**

Opening Saturday: April 4th
Where: TBA
When: TBA

Friends of RF.com brings the
1st Ever Scarby Edition of Musical Men!

What is needed:
-A formal writing of the rules
-A musician or provider of magical music box
-A flat open area at appropriate time not to interfere with other events
-Willing victim *clears throat* I mean men and daring women!

LIST OF PLAYERS:
MEN:
Martin Montgomery
MacLaren
MacIntyre
Ottheinrich

WOMEN:
Sonata
Queen Bonnie
Lady Rosaline
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

lilaney

Hmm..
Cannot join due too schedule, but, here are the locations of large space with sparse shirt rock populations.

~The space near the new pub next to the joust
(Catch it just after a joust, just before. You'll be near the Irish and Rose show.)
~ Holly Field
(Mind, there are weddings, Rat Pucking, Dancing and all sorts of things going on, so this might not be a good spot)

~Near the Maypole
(again, you have to time it right due too activites, Maypole itself *Kids under 13 en-masse* Court Dancing and Scottish Court)

~Pecan Grove near the Sea Hag Stage
(Drawback is there is a playground there, lotsa short ones running around)

~Near the FOF both over by the Chess board
(Cast in Bronze, Dr. Kaboom, and the Chess Match would be your only competitors)

Hope this helps, some spaces are no more due too games being added in some spots and new stuff coming in.

eloquentXI

Quote from: lilaney on January 12, 2009, 03:50:20 PM
Hmm..
Cannot join due too schedule, but, here are the locations of large space with sparse shirt rock populations.

~The space near the new pub next to the joust
(Catch it just after a joust, just before. You'll be near the Irish and Rose show.)
~ Holly Field
(Mind, there are weddings, Rat Pucking, Dancing and all sorts of things going on, so this might not be a good spot)

~Near the Maypole
(again, you have to time it right due too activites, Maypole itself *Kids under 13 en-masse* Court Dancing and Scottish Court)

~Pecan Grove near the Sea Hag Stage
(Drawback is there is a playground there, lotsa short ones running around)

~Near the FOF both over by the Chess board
(Cast in Bronze, Dr. Kaboom, and the Chess Match would be your only competitors)

Hope this helps, some spaces are no more due too games being added in some spots and new stuff coming in.

Helps a great deal, thanks Lil!  :-* If you're ever passing by though, make sure to say hi!

Sonata

Does the winner get to keep her seat? ;)

Count me in either way, sounds like fun!
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

lilaney

Quote from: eloquentXI on January 12, 2009, 03:58:03 PM
Helps a great deal, thanks Lil!  :-* If you're ever passing by though, make sure to say hi!

Oh, you bet your bustle I'll come say hi, ;) See you out there.

Martin Montgomery

I hope to be there on opening weekend if all works out maybe closing also ,if I am there Elo, my knee is yours!!
Half the man I used to be!! 
Landshark#79      
Member of Culloden Moor

Queen Bonnie

I Nearly won Musical Men in Tenn! Fun game!
I hope to be there- if my rides to Scarby pan out!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

MacLaren

Alright alright, I'll play along...

Do I, as a seat, get to keep the....what would she be called? The sitter, I suppose? It might be awkward kneeling to one knee though, with one knee up possibly......exposing things..... :o
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

Sonata

I suppose that if your skirts are gaping, we'll just have to fluff ours up  ;D
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett

Bodharan

This is from Wikipedia's description of musical chairs: "The player who is left without a chair is eliminated from the game, and one chair is also removed to ensure that there will always be one fewer chair than there are players. The music resumes and the cycle repeats until there is only one player left in the game, who is the winner."

In case of Musical Men, I presume that one woman and one man are removed on each cycle.  (How is the man chosen?)  It is interesting that the winner is the one who sits on the most "chairs" during the game.  It is also interesting that in the end the *winner* is the one left without a "chair" to trouble her.

Just looking for a good hat.

eloquentXI

I'm in the process of finding out, but the end result of the game has a twist to it so, you'll just have to wait until the game starts while you're playing to find everything out. ;) Can't give you all the answers now, a) I wouldn't be a wench-in-training if I did, and b) whats the fun of it?

Anna Iram

This is how the game is played in our Realm. As I do believe our Queen created the game these are also the official rules.

All the men kneel about in a circle on one knee with one knee as the "seat" for the ladies. There should be one less man than lady. The ladies form a circle around them and as the music begins they move around in a circle until the music stops. They then sit on the nearest knee that is provided as a seat and hold tight lest another lady try to unseat them. The lady left standing is considered the winner for she gets to chose any of the lads to spirit away and sit out the rest of the game with while the others continue. The final "dance" leaves one man and two ladies vieing for his knee. Last woman left standing is without a man . :(

Fair play means do not throw yourself so hard at a man that you break anything, or toss yourself onto the pile in order to disrupt the game completly. You may of course gently)( or perhaps not so gently) nudge  or bump a lady from the knee she has claimed up until the leader of the game announces that round is completed. Friendly competition is encourage.

I understand the game does have variations depending on the type of group involved. It's alot of fun and good for some real laughs when the competition gets going.   :)

lilaney

To stand in and point something out:
Not to be a stick in the mud, but, remember: our faire is rated PG-13
And if there are short ones running around, keep the bawdy above their level.

Or, some mom will complain and it might spoil the whole shindig.
It sounds like a fun game and I bet there will many willing to play, just keep it reasonable.
*Ducking behind EloquentXI to avoid slings and arrows*

eloquentXI

Aye, we will be keeping the game clean, because of the standards set by the mgmt. This seems like a type of game though that it is just an incredible amount of fun without being something belonging in Johns Inn.

Though, just a little bit of wench-mouth never hurt anyone. Just keep it below the wee ones hearing range should any be close.

*pat pat Lil* Don't worry, there is death should anyone fling mud at me so you're safe. I'm protected by the Clan rules, cause I'm da baby! Ya gotta love me!  :D

Escarlata

Trust me, this can be done at a PG-13 level. Musical Men at BARF is part of the Queen's Tea, run by our very own Madge Estes who is also a member of BARF's management. A little innuendo but nothing overt ever needs to be observed.

Played in other places and conditions, it can also be very overt. It's fun either way and just a hoot to see the competitiveness come out.

A word of warning to both the Ladies and the Gents. The ground gets slippery and, with fast movements, spills and tumbles can occur. Take care of yourselves and only play if you are in relatively good physical condition. I don't recommend the game for people with back problems, Gents with knee issues, or those with garments that can lead to exposure. Non-regimental and bloomers are recommended.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time