News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First Faire of the Year

Started by Julianne, January 13, 2009, 03:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julianne

Arizona Renaissance Festival is the largest First Faire of the year...every year.

I love AZRF because:

We are honoured to receive the great Renaissance Performers first and we have the best weather.

Please continue with your own thoughts, recollections and opinions my fine faire friends......

Marcos Charron

Let's see,

It's not just the fact that we are first in the faire season.

We get to see the new ideas from performers and vendors first.

We get to be the first to welcome the new year, faire style.

And we get to start our new year with our faire to compare with everyone elses.

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Cerarienh

This actually came up recently in a discussion with a group of performers . . . being the first faire of the season means we get the performers (and patrons!) who are eager to be there, well rested and full of fresh new ideas and enthusiasm.   ;D

Lord Figaro

We get to start the yearly fun before anyone else does? I don't mean in a snarky way, but........................NANNY NANNY BOO BOO!!!!!!
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Marcos Charron

Quote from: Lord Figaro on January 20, 2009, 02:11:58 PM
We get to start the yearly fun before anyone else does? I don't mean in a snarky way, but........................NANNY NANNY BOO BOO!!!!!!

Lord Fig,

Be nice now, we have to be considerate of our brothers and sisters, freezing their nunnies off back in the land of snow and ice. Send them a nice picture of the lack of snow here.

Marcos

Lord Figaro

Quote from: Marcos Charron on January 22, 2009, 12:19:25 PM
Lord Fig,

Be nice now, we have to be considerate of our brothers and sisters, freezing their nunnies off back in the land of snow and ice. Send them a nice picture of the lack of snow here.

Marcos

Well I did say it wasn't meant in a snarky way. I do feel very sorry for them. I know what they are going through and I hope it ends really soon for them.

George Santayana

Julianne

I can't even read the northern (or east or mid-west) Faire threads because I start to get cold.
It always reinforces to me why I live here now.

Yes the weather is wonderful here for our Faire and why we want so many of our far north friends to come visit and thaw out at least for a weekend. :)

Lord Figaro

Quote from: Julianne on January 23, 2009, 06:39:34 AM
we want so many of our far north friends to come visit and thaw out at least for a weekend. :)

I think you gave yet one more reason to why it's a great fest to come to Julianne. It affords the great masses of the North-East-Mid West bunch to come and THAW OUT for a bit, and be reminded of what it feels like to be in such beautiful weather.

George Santayana

Marcos Charron

Lord Fig

I was kidding actually, but good onya for considering our brothers and sisters freezing their nunnies off!

Marcos

Lord Figaro

Quote from: Marcos Charron on January 26, 2009, 10:39:15 AM
Lord Fig

I was kidding actually, but good onya for considering our brothers and sisters freezing their nunnies off!

Marcos

I always try to be considerate of others (looking for the halo above his head)

George Santayana

Comte de Gilbert

Quote from: Lord Figaro on January 26, 2009, 11:36:07 PM
Quote from: Marcos Charron on January 26, 2009, 10:39:15 AM
Lord Fig

Marcos

I always try to be considerate of others (looking for the halo above his head)

It's that little round thingy prominately proped upon your horns monsieur...at least that's where I found mine  ;)
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Marquis de Chandler

Ah first faire of the year...  Time to take my lovely wife out and show her off to the admiring crowds.  Now that is a good memory!

Comte de Gilbert

first faire of the season, I like the fact that we have a 3 day weekend, and draw in all those folks from up north jonesin for their next fair fix so many wonderful people come to visit us
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

gracefulcarrie

Now, now, now... if it weren't for cold winters up here I would never find time to sew.  It really is the best time to do it as I hate to be outside when the temps are negative before the windchill.  And besides... when I have snow piled up to my hips its not like I could do any outdoor activities anyway.
And it does give us reason to come visit you all and as you say "thaw out" a bit.  I just told my congregation that I want to be like half my members and go somewhere warm when it gets cold up here.  They all laughed and asked if it was considered a business trip if I saw any of the members who are now residing in warmer climes.

Julianne

Not being a "religious" person and probably much poorer the typical christian....GracefulCarrie is the one person that I could truly and confidently most publicly declare my spiritual advisor.

So that means yes...dear cousin...you may consider your trip to AZRF a "business" trip.  Cause I needs serious saving.

;D