News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Corsairs Say Goodbye

Started by lys1022, May 15, 2008, 11:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lys1022

From the Corsairs email list.
By Humble Will Teach

Dear friends and fans,

The Corsairs have decided that 13 years is long enough for a 1-season bit to run. We are finally calling it a day.

This weekend (May 17 & 18) will be our next-to-last weekend, and all our merchandise is sale-priced. You can find us at Scarborough Faire, on the Crown Stage at 10:30, Noon, 2:30, and 4:30.

Next weekend (plus Memorial Day) will be our finale. There are only 20 Corsairs shows remaining. Ever.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Please pass this note along to anyone you know who might be interested. I lost the e-mail list (with several hundred addresses) in the Great Hard Drive Crash of '07, and there are now only about a dozen people getting this message. Please don't chastise me for losing the backup as well, just let your friends know that they need to re-sub in order to get the obituary.

HWT
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Ottheinrich

How sad to loose a group like the Corsairs

Lady_Glorianna

They will certainly be missed :'(
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Tybalt

Oh no!  What a sad thing to hear.  The Corsairs are my favorite group to listen to!  I MUST attend the very last performance on Memorial Day.  Sigh...

Queen Bonnie

Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

LadyMorna

We just discovered the Corsairs this year...WAAAAAH!  :'(

LadyMorna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

Lumpy

A truly heartfelt farewell from Prax, Lumpy and the rest of us at MDRF, you will be sorely missed. We will raise shooters in your honor this upcoming season.
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

cowgrrl

My kids are going to have a cow.  They love the Corsairs.

Al-Nimer

Quote from: LadyMorna on May 15, 2008, 07:20:49 PM
We just discovered the Corsairs this year...WAAAAAH!  :'(

LadyMorna
Same here.  DD & I saw an entire show for the first time on the 4th weekend & fell in love with their music immediately!  Capt. Roach and the other members will be missed  :'(  I Hope they have plenty of CDs left the final weekend.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

queeneleanore

This has always been oe of my favorite acts, and I'm sad to hear they'll no longer be at Scarby.  Well met, and good luck to all in whatever endeadvors you pursue in the future!

~HRM Eleanore Habsburg
Queen of France, 1533
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547

Elinor Hakebourne

Awww :(

I saw the Corsairs the first year I went to Scarby, and got one of their CD's...was sad to hear they were going on hiatus for the second year I went to Scarby, but by some happy chance, they did some performances, and I got to see them again! :) I'm very glad I was able to see them perform live, as it is one of my favorite moments from faire :)

cowgrrl

Well, it was a wonderful send-off for the Corsairs.  I think they were overwhelmed by the number of people & the applause. 

I wish the guys could have been in the parking lot with us as we were leaving.  DD started crying & when we asked what was wrong she wailed 'It was the last Corsairs show!  We'll never see them again!'.  We assured her that the 5 CDs we bought should be enough to keep our memory of the Corsairs alive.

Catherine DArtois

Well, I experienced the Corsairs for the first and last time, it appears.  I truly enjoyed the show. I would have purchased more CDs had I but realised...  A toast to the Corsairs!
Campfire Chili Mistress
Clan McLotofus

Al-Nimer

DD was singing "Pirate's Life" in the shower last night.  She already misses them  :'(

I've put all my photos of the Corsairs from Scarby 2008 into a set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25153053@N03/sets/72157605297268053/
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters