News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feast of Fantasy

Started by Auryn, January 27, 2009, 02:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auryn

Have any of you partaken in the Feast of Fantasy before??

If so how was it??
was the food good?
was it expensive??

I can't seem to find any information in regards to prices on the website.

thanks
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Caligo

It was pretty good.

The food was a step above basic faire fair.

I think it was $35 each?

In general we may do it every couple of seasons, but we much prefer the Queen's Tea. More interaction and more entertainment. Less food, but it's not like we go to faire to eat.

Auryn

Thanks Caligo,
I emailed the faire management, this year the feast of fantasy is $60.
Think I will stick with the Queen's tea at $10
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Auryn on January 28, 2009, 08:41:16 AM
Thanks Caligo,
I emailed the faire management, this year the feast of fantasy is $60.
Think I will stick with the Queen's tea at $10

WOW. That is ALOT of dabloons.

Truly, that be 11 pints!!!!!!!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Auryn

Ill take the 11 pints then  ;D

Caligo

SIXTY???????? EACH???

I expect they will reduce the price when they figure out no one is going. That's absurd. For $120 it better be five star dining!

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Caligo on January 28, 2009, 03:25:10 PM
SIXTY???????? EACH???

I expect they will reduce the price when they figure out no one is going. That's absurd. For $120 it better be five star dining!

Oh Agreed there Caligo.

I mean really, that is also
2 turkey legs (@$6 each)
2 Shepards Pies (@$7 each)
4 pints  (@ $5 each)
1 Sunday
$60

That will feed 4 adults lunch, or 2 ogre sized playtrons

If that is really what they are charging now, it SHOULD be empty

Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Auryn

I am simply relaying what I was told via email by 2 different people from their marketing office.

I feel better that I'm not the only one who thought that was crazy

Anna Iram

http://www.renaissancefest.com/2009/feastoffantasy.html

Here's the menue. I agree that's really high. I wonder if wine or beer in included? That might explain the cost. Two hours of entertainment as well....

It's not for me either. Much rather do the tea or the smoker and grab a bite and a cider at the stands. If the baked potato stand is still there I highly recommend them! They used to be over by the German camp. Keeping fingers crossed.

Celtic Lady

At MiRF and MnRF I enjoyed the Feast... both of which are run by the same
organizers as BARF. The Feast was a 6 or 7 course meal. All your drinks (beer, wine, soda, water) were included. You had 2 hours of entertainment and you got a souvenir. It's generally the goblet that you use with your meal. MnRF gave a medallion as well as the goblet. The price of the ticket included admittance to the faire as well as the Feast.

Anna Iram

Hey all. I checked with the office and you do get unlimited wine/beer with the feast as well as a gate ticket. So not so bad considering all of that figured in.

If you already have a season pass they'll deduct $15.00 from the price.

Caligo

It's a great price if you want to drink $60 worth of alcohol in 2 hours. But for those of us who don't it's way overpriced.

Sir LJ

Quote from: Caligo on January 29, 2009, 04:50:12 PM
It's a great price if you want to drink $60 worth of alcohol in 2 hours. But for those of us who don't it's way overpriced.

UM! it can be done! Drats there is that Red Horseman thing going again!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Anna Iram

Well deducting the $15 bucks, leaving $45 in ale to drink in two hours. Factor that down and it becomes one every 15 mins.

I agree it can be done! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!  ;D