News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Kilts & Bagpipes: Loch Norman Highland Games

Started by Hibernian, February 03, 2009, 11:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hibernian

It's cold, gray, and the local faire doesn't open for months and you need a fix! How about some great music, beer, food, bagpipes, fiddles, dancing, and a great family atmosphere.

Hey time to put on the kilt and head to Rural Hill for the Loch Norman Highland Games.
April 17, 18, & 19, 2009

Clan M'Crack will be in the house on Saturday, April 18th. If you don't see the saffron kilts near rhe beer vendors then check out the Clan McBubba tent.

check out the web site:
http://www.ruralhillscottishfestivals.net/

Attendance List: Saturday, April 18th

1, 2      Hibernian and Heal'n
3          Rook'n (son of Hibernian, attendance depends upon lacrosse schedule)
4, 5      High'n & Pretty'n
6, 7      Pinn & Chuck'n (hoping that Himself is healthy and able to travel by then)
8, 9      Mehan & Ewan
10, 11   Scotsman & Lady Guinness
12        Lord Caleb
13        Lady Mikayla (?)
14, 15  Fire Faerie & Al
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I really wish the family gathering at GARF were not planned for the same weekend.   ;D
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Hibernian

I agree, but for some reason the Georgia people were reluctant to postpone their faire that weekend.  ;D

I wanna go to BOTH!!!  ponders cloning herself... hmmmm...

Hibernian

Oh Lord! We need to put an end to cloning right now, I'm not sure the world is ready for two of her!  ;D

LOL!!!  That's great although I thynk myne Pyrate would disagree with ya!  He'd take one 'ome wit him he would.   :D

Chuck'n M'Crack

Myself and Pin'n plan on going to The Highland Games, and yea the saffron kilts be many and the lasses too.
Lord Kelley of Screen
Son In Law
Son-in-Law to Laird Guard'n
IBRS #1554 Landshark #102
Captain Of The Guard (R.A.G.G

Malkavian

mehan

Ewan and I will be there also.... bring on the kilts and logs......with sweet bagpipe music filling the air!

Hibernian

Thats great!

I know Jim (High'n) and Pam (Pretty'n) will be there both days. As it stands now Mary Lou (Heal'n) and I should be there both days as well. The kids are another matter depending upon work and sports schedules.

M'Crack gentlemen, if possible, should be kilted. Ladies as always will do as they please.

Pinn

What would you like for us to wear??
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Lord Caleb

Home Festival: Carolina Renaissance Festival
Name: Josh aka Lord Caleb of Guilford

Pinn

I think I heard a Mouse squeaking somewhere didn't you
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Feline Groovy

Where was I going and how do I get there?

Hibernian

While normally...no hold that thought...there are very few things normal when the Clan M'Crack is involved.

The gentlemen of the clan normally wear kilts and are in the minority. The Loch Norman Games are one of those rare places where no one blinks at a guy in a kilt. For once the kilts are in the majority. Except our saffron kilts stand out amongst all the Scots! So for the fellas, of course its kilt time.

Now some ladies at the games do wear historical garb, some do don the clan colors in various ways, but most wear whatever is comfortable. Its not a renn faire although you will see renn garb. Check the weather and see what is appropriate. You'll find a M'Crack shirt and a pair of jeans will work fine.