News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Queen on the run...

Started by BubbleWright, February 25, 2009, 03:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

Kelly Morris, who portrayed Queen Elizabeth I at PARF last year, reprises the role again this year according to her website. The big news is that Kelly, a runner, will participate in the NYC Marathon November 1st, just after the close of Faire. WOW! God Save The Queen! I can see the panic of the other runners as the Queen's trumpeters play fanfares on the run followed by the Court and the Queen's Guards at quick march with the Queen spritely jogging behind, waving to the crowds.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Master James

That is really good news that she will be back as Queen!  I think she did an EXCELLENT job last year.

ROFLMAO!!!!  I think the farthingale and the crown might be a bit of a problem for that run!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

lordwriothsley

You know I've heard a lot of good things about this girl about how good she is as queen. I think I would like to meet her some time. Hopefully Doc and Patti aka The Earl and Countess of Derby will be able to bring her to VARF when they come next year.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

McGuinness

Heaven help her ladies if Her Maj decided to make a marathon a daily event...running in a corset is just not a good idea.

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on February 25, 2009, 05:57:34 PM
Heaven help her ladies if Her Maj decided to make a marathon a daily event...running in a corset is just not a good idea.
Can you say running out of breath easily.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

BubbleWright

PARF announced that an extra weekend was being added to the 2009 season. Of course, this overlapped the running of the NYC Marathon. What was the Queen to do? Kelly posted the following on her FaceBook page: "Kelly is not able to play Queen Elizabeth for the final weekend of the PA Renaissance Faire, due to her commitment to run the NYC marathon. She is very upset by this conflict." Huzzah for Her Majesty! Wouldst that I could be at the finish line to greet her and blow bubbles............... Felix
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

BubbleWright

Kelly is ready and set to run on Sunday. She posted the following info on the PaRenFaire(.)Netters:

For those of you who have expressed an interest in this, I wanted to supply you with the information as to how you can 'track' me during my race. The updates are sent via email - not via text messages - so this would only be available to those who may have email on their phones, if you're at the Faire. Otherwise, the messages will be sent to your computer.

Here's what you need to do:

Visit this website: http://athletealert.ingnycmarathon.org/Alerts.aspx

- Click on 'Register'
- Enter the email address you wish to receive updates - and create a password
- Click 'Submit'
- You will then have to 'add runners'
- You can find me by either entering my 'First and Last Names' (Kelly Morris) or by my 'Bib Number': 54563
- Once my name pops up, click on it, add it, and you'll be all set to follow me on race day!

Let me know if you have any questions - and thank you all for being so supportive of me! :)

Also - as a reminder - feel free to follow my blog: www.virginmarathonrunner.blogspot.com - I'll be updating it again this week both before and after the marathon. Enjoy!
   Antoine de St. Exupery

BubbleWright

Huzzah!!! Kelly finished the race! Her STATS: Place Overall- 29,358; Gender Place- 8,391; Age Place- 1705; Her Time- 4hrs, 41 minutes, 37 seconds.
CONGRATULATIONS Kelly!!!
   Antoine de St. Exupery

kcdcchef

who played the queen in her absence? i honestly failed to notice the difference, but i only get to parf a couple times a year.

McGuinness

Sarah Koerner was Queen Elizabeth for the final weekend. She's been with the faire for two years now and played Molly Poole, one of the washer well girls the rest of the season (she was the redhead in the trio).

lordwriothsley

Quote from: BubbleWright on November 02, 2009, 06:46:47 AM
Huzzah!!! Kelly finished the race! Her STATS: Place Overall- 29,358; Gender Place- 8,391; Age Place- 1705; Her Time- 4hrs, 41 minutes, 37 seconds.
CONGRATULATIONS Kelly!!!
Congrats on finishing the race Kelly. Well done lass.  :)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

kcdcchef

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on November 02, 2009, 05:26:21 PM
Sarah Koerner was Queen Elizabeth for the final weekend. She's been with the faire for two years now and played Molly Poole, one of the washer well girls the rest of the season (she was the redhead in the trio).

well for only doing the queen for the weekend, she was phenomenal!! well done  sarah!

SrEstebanLegaspi

Quote from: kcdcchef on November 02, 2009, 09:59:49 PM
Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on November 02, 2009, 05:26:21 PM

well for only doing the queen for the weekend, she was phenomenal!! well done  sarah!

Just to help out with showing Sarah...

And I agree! She did a most wonderful job of it!
SeƱor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum