News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

relative noobie - more ??

Started by act2redux, March 11, 2009, 02:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

act2redux

I am a cast member of STRF this year and will be working with our greyhounds at faire.  We were talking about taking the dogs and going to K.C. for a day....anyone know what that would entail??  Our faire is pet friendly if you have the proper proof of shots, etc....K.C. the same?

TKM

i'm not sure what protocol is behind it, as i've never personally taken a pet to faire, but KCRF streets are often full of dogs, and many vendors even leave dishes of water outside their shops. KCRF is definitely dog friendly.

Cormac

I believe you have to check in at the front gate and there may be a small fee.  Have to have them on leash, shots, ect...  I would love to take my dog but she would be wore out before the day got started good.

act2redux

awesome!  I'll start planning for it then!  If you're in the area come on by and see us in Wentzville!

kcdcchef

Quote from: act2redux on March 13, 2009, 09:55:21 AM
awesome!  I'll start planning for it then!  If you're in the area come on by and see us in Wentzville!

i used to take my schnauzer. you have to register your dog at the gate, showing proof of being up to date on shots, they take a little polaroid of your pooch, you pay like a $10 season pass fee for the dog, and your dog is good for the whole season. and you are totally required to keep em on a leash.

KCRF is wayyy dog friendly. watering spots all over the faire grounds for your mutt, with clever signs above them like water thy beast, and water thy hound. and you can find several merchants throughout faire that keep a small bowl full of water out front, and several other merchants that have doggie biscuits.