News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

NEXT Outing--April 25th

Started by rengypsy, March 30, 2009, 11:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

Next Outing set for April 25th

3pm-late

Ale provided!!!

feel free to bring a cover dish and make it a "family affair"

one porta-toilet on site now

come to share ideas, cut wood, toast the faire's developments, see the property, talk about being a part of the first year...just being a part of the sherwood forest faire family

cheers,
rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

RenRobin

I am going to try and wrangle my friends out there who are contemplating being vendors out there.
Loki-terr (in training)

Pascal

Darn -- we have Astros tickets and will miss it.

Queen Bonnie

I plan on being there!  I have to leave before dark though. Drat!
Working on better weather spells for our gathering. It has been windy the last few times! We need 70 and sunny with only a light breeze!
See you then!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

rengypsy

please spread the word about the outing.  we'd love to have some musicians entertain us all around the campfire at nite, as well.  dancers are surely welcome.  tribe is built from all of us bringing our respective gifts to the circle.

drummers, dancers, musicians, singers, storytellers...

and, of course, those who want to build the faire with us as vendors, playtrons, artisans and artists.

we need all of your creative spirits and energies.

*Teach*

I am planning to make it... hopefully this time my household won't be stricken by the plague beforehand

*even rum wasn't making us feel better*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Thomas Eagle

would be a good time to look for a spot, sounds good.
Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

rengypsy

we understand this is in conflict with scarborough; but we feel the need to continue the gatherings throughout 2009.

we still need quite a few vendors to apply and get contracts in.

we need patrons to continue to offer ideas and their visions of what the faire will become.

we need your energies, your passions, your volunteerism

so, i hope many of you who are not committed to scarborough on april 25th can join us.

rengypsy

rengypsy

by the next gathering on the 25th of april, we should have the outer fence constructed, a total of five smaller stages and one of the larger stages erected, the front gate up, and work on the 290 entrance begun.

come join us in the evolution of sherwood from a woods to a faire.

rengypsy

mpullen

I believe we agreed on the weekend earlier to discuss the participant/playtron camping areas on the week earlier, but I'll reschedule for the later date.

Once the layout is established, I need to inform the Playtron clans/groups to get their site builders onsite and get things going. If you have your layout for the Participant camping area, I'm sure we can get volunteers to clear the areas.

I'll bring the Participant/Playtron campgrounds business plans that may help you

hoodofsherwood

We will be there on the 25th.  :)
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

*Teach*

I may be changing my plans... again
There is a possible maybe chance of a trip to Scarby that weekend and based on the events recently, I just need some time at faire to escape
No plans have been made yet... and may not be made until the night before lol

*If I'm not there, have some rum for me!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

rengypsy

receiving inquiries from vendors daily
some will be touring the grounds on the 25th

hoping some musicians, dancers, and storytellers might be joining us on that saturday for a good fireside experience during the evening hours

cheers, all!

rengypsy

we are aware there are many conflicts and competing events on april 25th...and thats ok.  go where your heart calls you.  ours will be walking the grounds, communing with other vendors, rennies, and family, hopefully singing, drumming, and chatting around a fire of sorts.

we are very excited about the progress that has taken place since the last gathering.

we hope many of you will join us and lift a stein in cheer for the faire as it continues to unfold.

rengypsy

rengypsy

the fence is nearly finished
before the 25th,
the front gate will complete less the actual gates
six or seven stages erected
the US 290 entry to the campgrounds will have begun by this week's closure
the billboard may be up by next weekend--tho no promises
we will have more of the grounds marked off (not roped or constructed)
--the chess game board
--the field of acrobatics
--maid marian's chapel
--the joust, of sorts
--the seven sisters' celtic stone circle
--the gypsy camp
water line should be mapped out
a plan for electrical approved by bluebonnet
more grounds preparations underway
ten to fifteen contracts out for vendors (two food vendors, games vendors, soothsayers, face painting, potters, and more)...while still awaiting the fifty of so who have said an application is forthcoming

the container is nearly completely loaded in bali with signs, wagons, wheelbarrows, a bar, pub tables and benches, statues, carvings, and more...and will hit the high seas in mid to late may for arrival in houston around the end of june.

we need folk in houston, austin, san antonio, dallas and corpus-victoria to help us distribute brochures and put up posters for the faire.

we need volunteers to help load brush in a chipper that will be on the site soon (smaller 6" chipper type).

we need volunteers to help us move logs around the various stages once the grounds preparations have finished in a month.

we need posting of sherwood forest faire on your various websites to help spread the word.

we need folk who are interested in volunteering to be be minstrels walking through the woods of sherwood, or fairies filling the grounds, to contact us (entertainment@swf-faire.com).

we need apprentice and journeyman acting company members to sign up.

we need your spirits and good cheer at our periodic outings on grounds.

we need your blessings, good thoughts and ideas to keep flowing our way.

hope to see many of you on march 25th, 3pm-late.

rengypsy