News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

R/F.com Theme?

Started by DeadBishop, May 08, 2008, 01:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which color scheme do you prefer?

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

DeadBishop

Here are 4 choices.....what do you think?  Even if we choose something and we don't end up liking it, we can always change it.  Nothing is set in stone here.  Just thought I'd give everyone a chance to give their input.

R/F.com member since 2003

gem

Simple Machines also lets the user select from various default themes, too, doesn't it (in your profile, under "look and layout preferences)?  So even if something you hate gets chosen, there are still options.

Noble Dreg

I really dis-like "black" forums...no mater what text color you select on a black background it appears harsh and difficult to read.  I vote for anything but black!

This guy is a little creepy don't you think?---->  :-*

One Thousand posts, and back to one... :'(
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Lady Laura

Black?  Ugh!  I agree with Noble Dreg.  It is hard to read and a bit depressing too
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester

Scotsman

Decisions decisions ... personally I like them all - preferably something easy on the eyes!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

NaughtyMage

We should have something defiant, saying "You can't kill us!"

fluffy tail

What we have is fine. The black is hard to read.
And the image by NaughtyMage says it all. From the ashes we will rise again.
IWG #3371
Royal Wine Taster
Tinker #2
FOKTOP
landshark #38

Athena

I'm not too crazy about the dark background either. Dark text on a light background is easier on the eyes, IMO. Love the phoenix logo!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Mistress Anne

I'm with the majority...what we have is fine with me. You know, those of us that are a certain age have a little difficulty with the dark backgrounds...makes it hard to see  ;)

DeadBishop

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm going to keep the most popular light and dark background, that way everyone has a choice of which one they want in the end.    :)

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Quote from: NaughtyMage on May 09, 2008, 10:40:45 AM
We should have something defiant, saying "You can't kill us!"

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Zoë

Definitely love the phoenix logo!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

DeadBishop

Yes, I like the phoenix logo too (thanks NM!), but unfortunately there is a "Phoenix Project" that has to do with helping out Rennies and artists in need, and I wouldn't want to step on toes or have people confuse us with another renaissance festival group. 

http://members.tripod.com/projectphoenix/

Taffy Saltwater

Anything but a dark background - these old eyes aren't what they used to be.
Sveethot!

NaughtyMage

D'oh! Oh well, I'll have to design another logo then, maybe something with pink unicorns and magical tapirs or something...

Hmmmm...

What's suitably ressurectey...