News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

that's my scottish woman

Started by Julianne, April 15, 2009, 09:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julianne

Malcolm

YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Anna Iram

I think what made her performance so beautiful was that she was so willing to let you see inside her. She couldn't have picked a better song to express that, perfect for her voice as well. Good luck to her!

Lady Nicolette

What a presence and voice! Sometimes you just have to keep your mouth shut and listen!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Lady Amy of York

In todays  world of lip syncing and  voice  do overs there  is  talent and then there is  what they say is talent. She is not only talented, she is gifted. Her voice is breathtaking,like an angels.  And she has  a wonderful personality.Despite  her talent  and  new  found  fame , she  was  so humble  and  modest.   She is  a rare treasure.  Good luck to her.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Captain Jack Wolfe

Stunning.  Absolutely bloody stunning.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Ambios

Absolutely amazing...I'd heard about this the other day, but didn't watch it until just now.

Even more unexpected than the Nessum Dorma from 2 years ago!  And as Anna said earlier in the thread, the best thing is/was that she was so totally unassuming!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Lady Renee Buchanan

I think I'm going to need a box of kleenex if I go on Youtube anymore to see these videos. 

Two days ago I sobbed watching the Susan Boyle video and started all over again listening to Paul's just now. 
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Tipsy Gypsy

Funny you guys should mention Paul Potts; I was thinking about him when I heard her. I so envy that lady her magnificent voice!
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Ambios

Quote from: Welsh Wench on April 17, 2009, 05:53:19 PM
For you, Ambios---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA&NR=1

Thanks for pulling Paul's performance back out, Wenchie!  Loved it then....still love it!
(and it never hurt that Nessum Dorma has always been my favorite opera aria)
;D
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Julianne

I love this woman!
She's really a lovely lady without being a "shrinking violet".  I'm so happy for her success.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

What a wonderful story and voice. I tear up when I watch the video. Never judge a book by its cover, that is for darn sure!!

Also!!  Never let go of your dreams!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Julianne

Oy...what the lass has gone through!
Her voice is what matters and I'm hopeful that beyond the glam and glitz she'll rise above it all.

I'm glad for her and sad at the same time. Only today would we take such talent and reduce it to a money machine throwing it under the bus at the same time.

I just hope her talent is what is heard and received and nothing else. I suppose my hope is naive... as were her dreams.

She's lovely...all of her.  I sincerely hope that she is able to turn the exploitation of her talent to her own rewards.
*insert pipes* :)