News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Elvish Accessories

Started by Element of Air, April 24, 2009, 09:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Element of Air

So my inner geek is showing and I am getting all kinds of giddy. I am going to remake/duplicate the coronation crown that Arwen wore in Lord of the Rings! It will be done and ready in two weeks.

I am also sewing a new nobles riding coat for chris. Pictures of the progress will be up soon! *Squee!* I am so excited!

Wish me luck! :D
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Angelhood

OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sounds lovely! I can't wait to see the pictures when you are done! Happy crafting!

Manwariel

Neat! I really like that crown. I hope you post details about the creation process :)

Element of Air

So far, the progress of the crown in images and a little commentary.

Happy viewing!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=250799&id=539325150&l=37ffbcadc3
FOKTOP

Element of Air

FOKTOP

Tammy

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Taffy Saltwater

Gorgeous - I look forward to seeing that in person.
Sveethot!

sealion

Wow! That is all kinds of cool!
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

dbaldock

Quote from: Element of Air on April 24, 2009, 09:28:15 AM
So my inner geek is showing and I am getting all kinds of giddy. I am going to remake/duplicate the coronation crown that Arwen wore in Lord of the Rings! It will be done and ready in two weeks.

I am also sewing a new nobles riding coat for chris. Pictures of the progress will be up soon! *Squee!* I am so excited!

Wish me luck! :D

Was this crown for you to wear?  Did you wear it at Scarby, or is it for TRF this Fall?

Take Care,
David Baldock

P.S.-  I think you should make some wings for yourself, so you'll look even more like an angel.   ;)  :D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Element of Air

Well, I made the crown, wore it for about 2-3 hours at Scarby, took it off and did not put it back on the rest of the weekend. It was Horribly Humid and the metal epoxy fell apart, so it is in about 5 pieces at the moment but nothing that can not be placed back together fairly easily.
FOKTOP

dbaldock

Quote from: Element of Air on May 28, 2009, 11:48:26 AM
Well, I made the crown, wore it for about 2-3 hours at Scarby, took it off and did not put it back on the rest of the weekend. It was Horribly Humid and the metal epoxy fell apart, so it is in about 5 pieces at the moment but nothing that can not be placed back together fairly easily.

Do you have one of those large soldering irons used for assembling stained glass?  One of those and some silver solder should attach things together really well.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Element of Air

I was going to try that, I have all of the equipment to do so, I just didn't.
FOKTOP