News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

tailgating allowed?

Started by laedyfaire, April 27, 2009, 01:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laedyfaire

Hi all. made reservations at a campground for the weekend of the 11!! finally will be able to make it for the first time after wanting to go for years and years. anyway, would i be able to go back to my car for some sandwiches? just wondering. Thanx! LF

Cobaltblu

You can of course go to your car for food.  Now I don't know if they would allow you to bring the food past the gates into the faire but of course you can bring food in your car.

Every time I have went to the faire I always ate inside the gates so I don't know if anyone has fired up a grill in the parking lot during lunch and cooked some burgers but I am sure people go to their cars to eat.

They stamp your hand when you leave the faire so you can get back in, if you have to go to your car or leave the faire during the day.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

laedyfaire

IndeanaSunday

As CB mentioned, tailgating is allowed. BUT the best thing you can do for the well-being of the Faire is eat inside the gates.

This thread covers the topic. http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=6370.0

Just a thought!   :P

Ozium

The only problems i have with eating inside the gates is what i am going to have,
so much good eats inside the gate. Not to mention the cakes and other sweet
treats.

Michael
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

laedyfaire

I absolutely agree with supporting the faire by eating inside, but when we go for 2 days in a row, it can add up, so I just like to augment the inside eats with some food from the car. I intend to spend a good amount of pounds at the faires this year! gotta keep 'em going!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank God for overtime :) LF