News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

It's that time again...who wants to plan a RenDezvous?

Started by LadyJessica, May 03, 2009, 10:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyJessica

This is the time when I post the list of states that can be volunteered for, for the next RenDezvous.  This year due to computer issues I couldn't do a full listing of faires, so I'll list the states.

Please remember the rules:

Planning Committee

2.Everyone will have one month (from today, May 3rd) in which to announce that they'd like to plan next years RenDezvous.

3.In order to be in the running for the RenDezvous the faire must have at least two people to plan the gathering.

These are the states which are open for people to volunteer for:

Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York

East: Can not be in the running until 2013

Southeast: Can not be in the running until 2012

Midwest:
Can not be in the running until 2011

Southwest: Kansas, Missouri, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico (Texas Renaissance Festival can not be in the running)

West: California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado

Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Capt.SIN

It was on fire when I got there!

Lady Renee Buchanan

A question.

East, Southeast, & Midwest can't be in the running because a Rendezvous was held there.

But the rest of the Southwest except Texas can be in the running, even though Texas had the first Rendezvous.

Why are the other whole areas out of the running for Rendezvous rather than just the state that had the Rendezvous in it?

I must be missing something, but I can't figure it out, so thanks for letting me know.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Sir Ironhead

Didn't have something to do with the fact that there are 2 or 3 faires in Texas?  I don't remember either, just a guess.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Blue66669

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on May 14, 2009, 07:31:21 PM
A question.

East, Southeast, & Midwest can't be in the running because a Rendezvous was held there.

But the rest of the Southwest except Texas can be in the running, even though Texas had the first Rendezvous.

Why are the other whole areas out of the running for Rendezvous rather than just the state that had the Rendezvous in it?

I must be missing something, but I can't figure it out, so thanks for letting me know.

I think that a region can be considered every 4 years or something like that. TRF had the first Rendezvous, but we have about 8 other faires in our state! It's not the state, just the faire.

I'd like to go on the boards for wanting to plan RenDezvous at Scarby for Memorial day weekend, that is, unless there's a big push for LARF, which I will support as well.
Blaidd Drwg

Marcos Charron

Well,

Short of the needed bodies, I would like to throw AZ in the ring. Presidents Day Weekend, the first faire of the season, no snow, good people, great acts and during that time of the year, a slew of other things to do here in sunny AZ.

Viscomte
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Muffin

My vote goes to AZ if they are in the running!!  ;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Julianne

Quote from: Viscomte de Arcadia on May 15, 2009, 12:29:16 PM
Well,

Short of the needed bodies, I would like to throw AZ in the ring. Presidents Day Weekend, the first faire of the season, no snow, good people, great acts and during that time of the year, a slew of other things to do here in sunny AZ.

Viscomte

I will second my fine faire friend as co-host for AZRF
:

LadyJessica

Quote from: blue66669 on May 14, 2009, 08:57:55 PM
Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on May 14, 2009, 07:31:21 PM
A question.

I think that a region can be considered every 4 years or something like that. TRF had the first Rendezvous, but we have about 8 other faires in our state! It's not the state, just the faire.

I'd like to go on the boards for wanting to plan RenDezvous at Scarby for Memorial day weekend, that is, unless there's a big push for LARF, which I will support as well.

Lady Renee, Blue is right.  The rules state:

Quote2.A faire cannot be considered again for ten years or until the section has been chosen twice.

3.A section cannot be considered for four years. (In other words in 2010 the Southwest section can be in the running but Texas Renaissance Festival cannot be in the running until 2016.)
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP

irish

I would like to see Sterling host. What does it entail to be a host?
Let me know.....
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lairde Guardn

Right now "VOTES" are not needed. and from the above posts, there is only one volunteer to Host....

What it will take now is "TWO" people to agree to be the "Hosts" for the next Rendevoux.  Those two need to post that they agree to be the Host and then that faire will be in the running for the next step of the process.  Trust me this will not be an easy task so make sure your volunteers are dedicated to putting the event on should you win.

Once you have your two people and the faires are put forward as to those that have "Hosts", then you need to start making a pitch as to why your faire should be considered, put together a package of Hotels in the area, Campgrounds, Airports and distances and drive times, a place to have dinner on Friday nite for those arriving from out of state for a sort of meet and greet and another place on Saturday nite to gather as well as those in the campgrounds and hotels will need dinner again.  Also it is nice if the Friday nite place serves drinks, many are worn out on Sat nite and only stay long enough for dinner.  Basically put together the reasons we should all vote for your faire to host rendevous.  It will be better to have as much information in the pitch as possible as you only get one chance at getting everyones vote. 
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

LadyJessica

Quote from: Lairde Guardn MCrack on May 16, 2009, 11:41:14 PM
Right now "VOTES" are not needed. and from the above posts, there is only one volunteer to Host....

What it will take now is "TWO" people to agree to be the "Hosts" for the next Rendevoux.  Those two need to post that they agree to be the Host and then that faire will be in the running for the next step of the process.  Trust me this will not be an easy task so make sure your volunteers are dedicated to putting the event on should you win.

Once you have your two people and the faires are put forward as to those that have "Hosts", then you need to start making a pitch as to why your faire should be considered, put together a package of Hotels in the area, Campgrounds, Airports and distances and drive times, a place to have dinner on Friday nite for those arriving from out of state for a sort of meet and greet and another place on Saturday nite to gather as well as those in the campgrounds and hotels will need dinner again.  Also it is nice if the Friday nite place serves drinks, many are worn out on Sat nite and only stay long enough for dinner.  Basically put together the reasons we should all vote for your faire to host rendevous.  It will be better to have as much information in the pitch as possible as you only get one chance at getting everyones vote. 

Irish...what he said... ;D
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP

LadyJessica

So far we have:

LARF (Louisiana) - Host: Capt.SIN     one host only; we need another to post that they'd like to host.

Scarborough Faire (Texas) - Host: Blue66669     one host only; we need another to post that they'd like to host.

AZRF (Arizona) - In the running.  Hosts: Viscomte de Arcadia and Julianne

Sterling (New York) - Host: irish     one host only; we need another to post that they'd like to host.

Capt.SIM, Blue66669, and irish you have until the 3rd of June to find one other victim...eerm...volunteer to help you host the RenDezvous
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP

Pat McGroin

I will second the motion on hosting/co-hosting RenDezvous at LARF in 2010.
I'm the Carpenter aboard the Bayou Scoundrel,
The Keeper of FIREWATER!!!
I.F.R.P. #1447

irish

Okies......I just called my brother, Norm, who is on vacation in California......he will help me host Sterling! Also, my best friend will help, too!  ;D

My brother is on a tourism board, so that's a good thing!!!  ::)

Sterling is a great faire! YOU need to come see it!!!

irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)