News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Will this look/sound strange?

Started by Peaches McGee, June 12, 2009, 02:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peaches McGee

Hi

I went to the PA Ren Faire last year for the first time in garb.  LOVED IT!!!  Had so much fun.  I went as just your basic peasant-type person.  This year, I decided to create a persona more in line with my likes/loves.  I thought about being an elf (I know it's more fantasy than HA, but they have fairies, so I thought what the heck!)

However, one of my favorite things is frogs and I have this great glass frog pendant to wear.  Therefore, I thought, instead of a woodland elf, I'd be a wetland elf.  I have a beautiful green cloak and a petal skirt with alternating panels of blue and green.  I'm also planning on wearing my knee-high boots that lace up the back along with my black corset and shirt.

Does this sound odd?  Do you have any suggestions as to how to make it better?

McGuinness

Sounds interesting, its a different idea than all the other faerie-types around. You could also try wearing a water lily in your hair or on your costume or use lilypads as accessories too. I'll keep an eye open for you around PaRF and see how it turns out for you!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The thing is to follow your heart. The character and garb you create is unique to you alone.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Peaches McGee

Ooh!  I like the lilypad idea.  Now, I'm starting to think maybe some pussywillows too.  I guess I'll be off to the craft store sometime soon.

sealion

If it makes you happy then wear it! I think it sounds pretty and I love the suggestion of a lily pad hat!
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Kehle

I think it sounds awesome. I'd love to see some photos of it all together.

I love how you want to build your garb around your little glass frog. I have a golden owl of my grandmother's that I often think of building garb around, but it's gold and I'm more of a silver. heh. I think it's great when a small loved trinket can inspire an entire outfit and persona.
Lurker is just the forum word for stalker.
(now lurking in FL)

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I think the thing about faire is BE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE! You should have fun at whatever it is you want to go as.I just love all the different type of fairies you see at faire,what ever you do just have fun with it. And the lily pad sounds like a great idea, post some pics if you do it.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

LadyShadow

Wow, this sounds great.  I cant wait to see it all together.  I do like the idea of adding the lily pad, and various flowers.  I think that will help it stand out and show what type of fairy  you are.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Dinobabe

You could make a tail out of cattails and reeds, either a peacock style (up) or down.  Post pics!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Tammy

I agree....POST PICS!! This sounds adorable!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

DragonWing

I agree with Lady Kathleen, fallow your heart. what you have described sounds wonderful
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Peaches McGee

OK...I found some fake lily pads that I will add to my garb in a way I have not yet decided.  I also found this on etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25780157

I thought that would work better that a hat.  What do you think?

Kate XXXXXX

That looks like fun!  Go for it.   ;D

FortuneRose

LLVW

LadyShadow

That is really lovely.  I think it would work great.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)