News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Stolen Hat

Started by Avan, June 15, 2009, 07:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avan

As some of you already know my hat was stole in front of my booth on Saturday. Here is what happened:

It was about 11 or so and Trio had just walked out of the booth and I took a few minutes to talk to her. I turned and saw a car pulling into the walk way over by the Ticket booth. I did what I had done in previous years is to go after and try and stop them from running someone over. I thought Trio was still behind me so I took my hat off and through it behind me saying to watch it, she had already started to walk off and did not hear me. By the time I got back the hat was gone and I thought that she had it and brought it in with her. I later sent 2 people in to try and find her and retrieve my hat. I never heard back from them and assumed that they had a hard time finding her due to her traveling around. I caught up to her around 3 and found out that she did not have it and that the hat was now stolen. I checked with Gate, Ticket, and Lost and Found with no luck. I have attached some photos of it but the one part you can not see is the hat button on the right side is a "gargoyle face with his tongue sticking out".

I broke down on Sunday and Slugger let me use one and put it on layaway due to being sun baked that day.
So please keep an eye out for it and any blood on the hat will be considered as a new favor. Also a reward will be given to the person that finds it.

Francisco Paula

Just blood. Me i wouldn't consider anything less than brain matter if said person has any.

Toki Bloodaxe

All of my sympathies to you regarding your stolen hat. I do firmly believe that whoever stole that hat from you will never get a moments pleasure from wearing it. Its the same situation with those people who steal artifacts from Native American burial sites or national parks and have their engines explode or their car axels fall off halfway home. Or, those who dine and dash and end up puking their guts out an hour later, worse off than they ever were before. Your hat undoubtedly contains a great deal of good karma which will have a malevolent reaction when it is not able to wrap around your self. Thus, I believe that the hat thief will not enjoy a moments peace until they return the hat. Hey, Hat Thief, here is a bit of advice.....save yourself a great deal of misery and return the hat ...NOW!      Toki has spoken.     Cheers.

PirateAsh

I hope it turns up! I'll keep an eye out for it at Lost & found. I'd be devastated if my hat went missing!
Pirate Ash

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

If anyone comes across or came across a green and black feather fan with faux pearls on it and a mirror on the opposite side, please let me know. I had it on a chain and the chain decided to break on me. It must have been a very cheapo chain as I found a chunk of it and could pull it apart.

Oh and not to hyjack... Avan I really hope you can find your hat. It sucks that people stole it.... or maybe it wasn't a people but ... a HAMSTER
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

sirroo

De Laney, I found a fan, I think it could be yours. I'm not sure where it was found however it is in the closet at the Front Gate. Come by and we can hope that it is yours.  :)

Avan I will still keep my eyes open for you.  :-\

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thank you SO much. Where shall I find you at on Saturday or who shall I ask for at what exact location on Saturday?

Thank you SO much once again
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

CapnJack

I'm really sorry about the hat too.  I did keep a weather eye out all day after speaking to you about it, but I never did have a single sighting.  I sincerely hope someone finds or returns it.

On a side note, I seem to recognize the second two photos here, heh....
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Zoë

Ach, sorry about the hat Avan...I will keep my eyes peeled next weekend just in case.

I feel your pain...I'm pretty sure I would be devastated if I lost my Zoë hat, not because it's particularly valuable but because it's got about 3 years' worth of people's favors on it...the hat I can make new, but the favors are pretty much irreplaceable. 

I'll be on the lookout...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Merlin

Who steals a hat at a Ren Faire? Seriously. I hope they wear it one day and someone notices it.
Thieves are the lowest of the low, IMO.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Demetrius

Stealing something such as a piece of one's ren garb is like stealing a part of one's personality.

Avan, if your hat does not return to you may you find a new one you enjoy as much and with many new favors!
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Lady Renee Buchanan

A suggestion: 

You might want to keep an eye on Ebay, Etsy, Craig's List, or any other selling venues.  Maybe someone took it not to wear and enjoy but, seeing it was nice, thought it might be worth some money if selling.

Good luck in finding it.  I hope you get it back.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

He/She who stole your hat is not a "rennie".  >:(

For a "rennie" does not steal from another "rennie". We know better than that. May you get your hat  back safe and sound.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Demetrius

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on June 18, 2009, 10:50:32 AM

He/She who stole your hat is not a "rennie".  >:(

For a "rennie" does not steal from another "rennie". We know better than that. May you get your hat  back safe and sound.

Ah, so it was a "rennie" who stole the hat...

Wait, who said a rennie stole the hat?

I do not know, however- it appears that maybe a "rennie" stole it?

Nah... someone in the parking lot did...

Was a "rennie" in the parking lot?

I do not think so.

Ah, good to know.  ;)

Hey- could we raffle off a hamster to help with a new hat?

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Avan

And then someone could make me a new hat out of the Hamster.  It would help keep me warm standing in the land of no shade in the middle of July.  I can become blisterly dropping down to the low 90s.