News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thanks!

Started by Mars Mandrake, June 17, 2009, 08:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mars Mandrake

Greetings All;
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who happened to catch one of my shows at VARF this season. As always, I had a blast. You all really have a great community down in Staffordshire!
Hope to see you next season;
Mike, AKA Mars Mandrake, Magical Genius, "How does he do it, Why does he bother, When will he stop...?"
;D

DragonWing

thought you did a splendid job. applause applause
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Feline Groovy

As always, it was a joy to see you again.  Sorry I didn't hold up my half of the deal to hold your staff for you while you piddled.  ;)  (Okay, I'm not sorry.  But the look on that guy's face when you said that was priceless!)
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Tim T

Sorry to say I missed your show this year- I was probably drinking at the pub.  I do know that both my kids enjoyed your shows a lot.  You and Croaker are always at the top of their list.
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

LadyClaudia

I wanted to echo the thanks from the French Group "En Attendant L'Ete (Waiting for Summer)".  This was our first faire performance and we were nervous on how we would be received.  Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the assistance!  We'll see you again next year!

reese

Thanks ya'll for joining us!!!!!

Reese

lordwriothsley

I don't know who made you garb LadyClaudia but it was very beautiful. I liked it a lot, It looked very nice.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Feline Groovy

I didn't get a chance to catch 'The French Group' so I guess now you'll just have to come back again next year.    :)

Master James

Quote from: Feline Groovy on June 18, 2009, 08:40:28 PM
I didn't get a chance to catch 'The French Group' so I guess now you'll just have to come back again next year.    :)

You have time to go to shows?!  Heck I gotta join the townsfolk as we have no time in court for shows!  LOL   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Feline Groovy

I know, poor court!  So busy lounging around in the shade all day, must be terrible!!     ;)

Truth, the only thing not on the townsfolk schedule that I caught (from a distance, even) was the last couple of minutes of the shipboarding drill on the very last day.  And that was great fun!

LadyClaudia

lordwriothsley I make all my own costumes.  The man outfits was made from a $5 duster from goodwill, a $5 tablecloth, and some left over items from around the house and other outfits.  It was much easier to make than the court gowns and even the peasant outfits I own.  Thank you for the compliment . . . it's too bad being a performer excluded me from the costume contests. :-(

lordwriothsley

I didn't know you were on cast LadyClaudia. Was this your first year?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

LadyClaudia

If by cast you mean in a performing group then yes, I was on cast and yup, this was my first year both as a performer and at the Virginia Renaissance Festival.

lordwriothsley

Well I do hope you had fun and I do hope to see you back again as cast next year my lady.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"