News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

August 8th @ 5pm is the Next Sherwood Forest Faire Gathering

Started by rengypsy, June 19, 2009, 09:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

put it on your calendar now
tell your friends and family
have your kids to start packing up the tent

Sherwood Forest Faire
will be rockin' again soon

August 8th
Saturday
5pm-late, late, late

(camping encouraged, but NO campfires, please)

Stage Performances
Music, Theatre, and magic
Fire Twirling
Communion with Good Souls
Kids running through the woods

Tours of the Grounds

Fairy Walks at Midnight

Vendors Planning and Discussing Business

Ale and Soft Drinks Provided

Pot Luck Cover Dish
(Everyone bring a favorite Dish to Share)

We are building this Faire
one gathering at a time!

It's about Family, Friends and Our Dreams.

Plan on being within these enchanted woods on Saturday, August 8th.

If you have musical instruments and want to join in, we are planning a stage Jam Session sometime during the night, and then a drumming circle later.

If you'd like a specific time to have the stage and perform, send an email to music@sherwoodforestfaire.com.

Improv, Informal, Fun for the entirity of the Sherwood Forest Family!
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

coleenr

I'm going to really really try and be there.  I was planning on going back to Canada the very beginning of August, but I'll see if I can squeeze in another week in Texas.

MoonDawg and Zane were saying something about an AARG gathering there before August 8th, in July sometime.  Is this just a rumour?

ThreeAcreRanch Soaps

Hi it's Amber,
we will definitely try to make there that day.  Really looking forward to it!  We've never been to one of these.  Are we going to get to choose our spots for the faire or are they get assigned?

rengypsy

rengypsy

if you are or know of someone who wants stage time on the 8th to perform, let us know:

acting, music, magic, flame twirling/throwing

we want your skills and talents to entertain us as we celebrate and play on the grounds which are becoming Sherwood Forest Faire.

we'd love to have a full night of entertainment like the june 13th experience.

cheers,

rengypsy

MysticXSab

Will definitely be there, crew in tow. Looking forward to it.

As an aside, some of my crew was wondering if you were planning on having any 'work days' where non-professional help would be needed (carrying, cleaning, clearing, etc). If so, we'd be available for such tasks with notice. For instance, I believe I may have seen something at one point about campground clearing.
Believe, for faith will see you through the blackest of nights.

rengypsy

we need volunteer days to help us actaully cut roots and rake the grounds in late august prior to sowing the rye grass in septmeber.

we will orchestrate two weekends for axe and rake work.  if we could get twent folk out working, we could complete the grounds in two days, most likely. 

and have fun, sweaty, but fun.  and if we engage the kids, they will think its a hoot.

we may try to have one the mornings of august 8th and 9th...and have the gathering that nite.  will try to have a makeshift showers for campers by that time.

rengypsy

mpullen

Quote from: rengypsy on June 24, 2009, 03:32:11 PM

we may try to have one the mornings of august 8th and 9th...and have the gathering that nite.  will try to have a makeshift showers for campers by that time.

rengypsy

I will also bring out my camp shower rig. Enclosure with a Coleman water pump/heater and jugs of water. I have my submarine veterans meeting in the morning, but will be out that afternoon. Of course, my travel trailer has a shower and A/C to survive the heat. By August, I hope the Playtron campgrounds clearing will be well underway.

rengypsy

well, some of yall have asked about volunteering.

here is a suggestion:

we are planning our next gathering for August 8th from 5pm-late.  it is will focus on tours, vendor inquiries, cover dish, ale, family fun and music/entertainment in the evening.

i was considering having a grounds day earlier and possibly the next morning.

it would consist of groups walking the entire grounds with hatchets and axes and clippers cutting all the roots, vines, etc...and then others raking the clippings into clumps for burning later on.

this would prepare the festival grounds for the rye sowing that must take place in september...to have the sandy soil sodded for the faire season in late february.

if interested, we'd start around 10am-1pm.  while it would be hot enough, its not death under the trees.

i'd commit to constructing some make shift showers for everyone, as well as have sprinklers for the kids (and the grown up kids) to play in and cool off under.

so, we need some kind of sign up to make this happen...and i am unsure how that can take place, so...some of your groovy techie folk can figure that out for this old fogey

thanks

rengypsy

rengypsy

post August 8th on your calendar

saturday, 5pm-whenever

camping encouraged

invite family and friends

pot luck // cover dish

hopefully, we will have entertainment during the nite

volunteerism is sought for the morning to start raking and mulching limbs from the grounds

ale and soft drinks provided

kids are welcome to pitch in...and then run throw the camp grounds at nite assuring us old fogeys there is still hope for our species

Autouloucous

"Solaris and the Deadwood Fox" will be doing a Comedy, Magic, and Music act on the 8th, probably one of the earlier acts to give them plenty of daylight. 

Anyone else who wants to get on the stage that night should contact myself entertainment@sherwoodforestfaire.com or Eronious at yepthatstheone@gmail.com. Thanks to those performers who have offered thier talents at our previous events.  I can't wait to see what we have yet to discover!---------------------------------------------Autouloucous

dbaldock

So, is there a work-day scheduled on 8-Aug-09 ?

Will you have showers to cool off / clean up before the gathering in the evening?

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

rengypsy

yes, beginning at 9am.
yes, two shower stalls--no hot water.

and still recruiting folk to help with the grounds, as well as offer some entertainment that evening on stage...ad the rest of us drink a few pints!

many thanks,

rengypsy

MysticXSab

My friends and I are working on putting something together show wise, but it might not be ready for this meetup. When do you need to know by?

Also, some of my group will be available for working (3-6 of us), figured I'd mention it in case you needed an idea of the number of volunteers you will have.
Believe, for faith will see you through the blackest of nights.

mpullen

I will be bringing up my Coleman water heater/pump and a shower enclosure. Actually, I'll probably bring everything up this weekend, so I won't forget it (us old folks tend to forget things, especially when we mis-place our reminder lists). I'll bring enough propane gas bottle for about 20 hot showers and some water jugs (will have to refill from the onsite water source). I can recharge the water heater battery at my travel trailer that is onsite, unless there is a closer power source. Bring your own soap and towels.

For the 8th, I have my submarine veterans meeting until noon, after which I have to load the dogs and then head up to the site (2 hour drive).

Is there a list of what dishes folks are bringing? I don't have time to fix my chicken Michiel or my lemon rosemary Cornish game hens that I fix for TRF, but I can bring a cheese tray or some other store bought item.