News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Clasps for leatherworking

Started by Sabrina Black, June 20, 2009, 03:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina Black

Does anyone know where I might find swing clasps for leatherworking?  I'm trying to make a couple pouches and I can't seem to find them.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Here's a pic so y'all can get an idea what I'm lookin for:

Wench-in-training

NoBill Lurker

Hardware-Elf

These people have any clasp you could want!  ;D

It's under "Latches & Locks"
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Magister

Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

Sabrina Black

Wench-in-training

Hoowil

Try someplace that has crafting supplies, and check around the supplies for making furniture and doll houses and such. I've seen some clasps at places like Michaels with the raw wood crafts stuff. Or maybe look for purse clasps at a fabric store.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

I. Stewart

jcbanner

I know I'm giving a late response here, but I've been offline for awhile.

I've seen latches identical to the one you posted the picture of at hardware stores in the same section that you'll find cabinet knobs, light hinges and other decorative hardware.  It was at HomeDepo that I saw them.

Sabrina Black

Thanks JC!  I'll check around.  I haven't gotten around to making my pouches yet because I've been dealing with moving and other such things.  So, I'll check into all these.  Thanks a bunch! :)
Wench-in-training

crazyrennie

You may also want to try www.ohiotravelbag.com

thats where I get my closures-now if I could just get more time

edit-after talking to the better half(who used to manage a Tandy leather)
"closures of any kind are actually called findings"

and no she doesn't know why they are called that