News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Help with wooing!

Started by Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman, June 24, 2009, 01:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

So, my Faire does a contest called the Foxhunt, which involves finding the foxiest man the shire. I'm in it largely to add humor, which is where i need you help.

See, on third of the contest is the wooing, and i have a great idea for this woo: I need renaissance pickup lines. Whether they be modern pick up lines made period, lines that would have been used back then, or even renaissance faire pick up lines, i need as many, and as bad (while being family friendly) as possible.

So, whaddya got for me?

Queen Bonnie

Best Rennie pick up line- PSSST! I've had a SHOWER!!!!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

NelleMoorley

Worst one I heard in a wooing contest was "You must be a baker's daughter, 'cause your buns are HOT!"
Nelle Moorley

Anna Iram

Give her 12 roses. 11 fake, 1 real and he says to her " I will stop loving you when all the roses die"

Did the sun come up or did you just smile at me?

If I had a garden I'd put your two lips and my two lips together.

Say "I bet I can kiss you on the lips without touching you." and kiss her, then tell her you lost the bet.

KeeperoftheBar

"Hi There, I am incredibly wealthy"
(Sorry couldn't resist.  It is from an old WKRP in Cincinnati)
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Capt. Morgan

Pick up lines? You asked for it...

http://jvj.com/bandgpic.html

http://jvj.com/bandgpic2.html

I'm sure there's something here that will get your face slapped...As for "family friendly"...you'll have to wade through these and find them...

Good luck!
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

BLAKDUKE

Feed me enough (ale, loki, rum, whiskey etc) and I'm yours forever.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Dragonlord

"Do you believe in love at first sight or shall I walk by again?"

Bring some blue ribbon in case the fox be a kilted lad.

Make referrence to the size of his codpiece.

Dragonlord

Assuming this ends as a stage act where you bring your catches up on stage and try to woo them in front of the crowd.  You could arrive carrying a full length mirror and say that you stopped to try on some garb at one of the shops and saw the foxiest man at the faire checking you out.  You could then proceed to woo yourself in the mirror.

Dinobabe

Quote from: Dragonlord on June 25, 2009, 12:47:38 PM
Assuming this ends as a stage act where you bring your catches up on stage and try to woo them in front of the crowd.  You could arrive carrying a full length mirror and say that you stopped to try on some garb at one of the shops and saw the foxiest man at the faire checking you out.  You could then proceed to woo yourself in the mirror.

That's good! :-*
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Ditzy Gypsy

I'd like to see a list of turn downs and comebacks to these! lol :D

Dev

I told someone once, "Just so you know, trolls don't turn to stone in candle light..." on some innocent dane.